DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the Jessica Simpson "Dukes Of Hazzard" HD commercial during the football game and I think it's interesting that they are advertising they broadcast in 1080i when they are already being sued over using HD-Lite / reduced resolution - I'd be suprised if someone doesn't sue them over this commercial too.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Well, it IS 1080 lines, interlaced. I doubt the lawsuit will go anywhere. Sure, DTV could broadcast in true HD by reducing the bit rate or cutting out a channel or two, but either of these would cause even more of a stir.

Perhaps when DTV 10 and 11 are up they will improve the resolution, since they will have more bandwidth available than the available content will require. My plasma set only displays 1024 x 768, so I can''t tell the difference anyway.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
BTW, the so called HD-Lite refers to the horizontal resolution not the vertical. So 1080i is correct. True HD would be 1920x1080, HD-Lite is 1280x1080i.

·
Godfather
306 Posts
I think this is the most clever add ever featuring Jessica Simpson. Basically it pokes fun at everyone who says "1080i" like they know what they're talking about. :nono:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.