DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why Did 'Nightline' Get Demoted? The Answer Is Pretty Simple: Jimmy Kimmel Wanted 11:35 PM to compete head-to-head with Leno and Letterman

Full story here.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,294 Posts
Yeah that may be but I watched some Nightline and not Kimmel. To bad I'm not staying up that late on the off chance that I will like a story they run.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
dennispap said:
" For ABC, if Kimmel succeeds in the timeslot he will bring in "substantially" more revenue that "Nightline" did, a source explains."

That is one of the reasons.
In my household, that's a pretty big if, but I know I'm not the demographic they're looking for.

I find Kimmel more than a bit on the boorish side, not as bad as Letterman, who's old enough to know better.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
Competition in the time-slot is pretty good....and with Letterman aging and Leno only planning to stick around another couple years...

It's probably a lower-risk move to have Kimmel join the time-slot.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,951 Posts
When I first heard about this, I assumed they were talking about Fallon. Then I realized, that schlub Kimmel?? RU kidding me? What a zero. Bland, safe, corny, zero edge, another middle of the road shlockmeister from ABC, the guys who fired Maher for having a spine. Figures.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.