DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Hopper/2 Joey system a few days now. So far I like but I'm having issues with my Joeys and DVR functions. I can not get the frame by frame to work. When I pause and then play again, it will jump from say 12:22 to 9:19. Very strange. My question is...does your Joey DVR function correctly or do you have similar issues?

263 Posts
secretservices said:
I have had my Hopper/2 Joey system a few days now. So far I like but I'm having issues with my Joeys and DVR functions. I can not get the frame by frame to work. When I pause and then play again, it will jump from say 12:22 to 9:19. Very strange. My question is...does your Joey DVR function correctly or do you have similar issues?
I would be more than happy to review what is occurring and assist you with some troubleshooting. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thank you!

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tech just left from checking my Joeys DVR functions. He could not fix it...passed on to tech support.
Can anybody tell me if they can do Frame by Frame on the Joey DVR?
Thanks!

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,657 Posts
secretservices said:
Can anybody tell me if they can do Frame by Frame on the Joey DVR?
What button are you using the advance/reverse?

Frame-by-frame backwards is probably not going to work very well.

·
Icon
529 Posts
If you are live TV, you cannot hit pause, the slow forward immediately. It will always go to live TV if you don't pause long enough to build up a buffer 5-6 seconds long at least.

I always hit skip back once, to get a 10 second buffer, then pause and slow forward. It's been that way a long time, even on my 922. Give that a try...

I just tried this on a Joey, and it worked perfectly. Skip back once, pause, fwd, it went straight to perfect 1/15 slo mo.

You did seem to have found a bug with frame forward though. If I hit frame forward from pause on my Joey, it starts playing again. I'd post this in the firmware topics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.