DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for Thanksgiving... here is an "easter egg" (kinda).

If you want to jump to the NATIVE resolution of the broadcast, while you are NOT in NATIVE mode....

Hold the format button down on your remote for 3 seconds...

This will change the resolution, to the NATIVE resolution of the broadcast, but it does not toggle NATIVE mode on..

You will have to use the standard format methods to get back to what ever resolution you normally watch TV at.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Hey Earl,
Just tried it and it actually did turn my native ON. it also changed my settings not only to native ON, but also changed my pillar box setup for SD channels to crop.

Earl Bonovich said:
So for Thanksgiving... here is an "easter egg" (kinda).

If you want to jump to the NATIVE resolution of the broadcast, while you are NOT in NATIVE mode....

Hold the format button down on your remote for 3 seconds...

This will change the resolution, to the NATIVE resolution of the broadcast, but it does not toggle NATIVE mode on..

You will have to use the standard format methods to get back to what ever resolution you normally watch TV at.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Canis Lupus said:
Hey Earl,
Just tried it and it actually did turn my native ON. it also changed my settings not only to native ON, but also changed my pillar box setup for SD channels to crop.
Hmm... I'll have to double check that... maybe it is a toggle.
I was trying it so many times, maybe It turned it back off.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I have always kept my native ON and with the new software release I am getting 3-4 second channel changes which is what some are reporting with Native OFF so seems like a good time to have native ON for good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.