DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read many of the discusions here but not sure I understand some things. My main problem is with jumpy playback of recorded shows. The picture skips and freezes momentarily. These are shows recorded from the local HD channels.
I have downloaded the newest update and on my second HR20 and I still have this problem. Other than that no problems I cannot live with.
I'm sorry if this was covered in another thread.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Tideman said:
Thanks Rob55. I have read through there but I did not get most of it. :icon_dumm
It will take a while to get caught up and used to the posting styles.

:welcome_s

·
Legend
183 Posts
Tideman said:
Thanks Rob55. I have read through there but I did not get most of it. :icon_dumm
My understanding is that with the latest software update, many are experiencing problems with their HD locals which are in MPEG-4. Apparently, it's the #1 priority for being fixed on the next update. (Earl, correct me if I'm wrong)

·
Legend
176 Posts
Tideman said:
I've read many of the discusions here but not sure I understand some things. My main problem is with jumpy playback of recorded shows. The picture skips and freezes momentarily. These are shows recorded from the local HD channels.
I have downloaded the newest update and on my second HR20 and I still have this problem. Other than that no problems I cannot live with.
I'm sorry if this was covered in another thread.
Is it happening with all channels or just WFTV (ABC)? I initially had the same problem with all of them but now it is only happening on WFTV.

You should call D* and register the complaint, they claim they are tracking the problems and are working on it. I'll have to admit, it seems to be a little better than it was a week ago, but still unwatchable.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The big problems are WFTV (ABC) shows. The shows recorded during the day are worse than the night (or so it seems). I will try one of the other channels during the day to see if it is the same with them. But have recorded all channels at night and had some problems.
I did report to D* and they sent a service tech out that adjusted my dish but could find nothing wrong. Since it kept doing it I called again and they sent me a new unit via next day air. But this one does it too.
Hopefully this will all work out eventually.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried the other networks today. Seems to be just WFTV (ABC). I sent them an email reguarding this but no response.

·
Legend
176 Posts
I spoke with D* again this morning regarding this problem. For the first time they acted like they new exactly what I was talking about. She said they have discovered the cause of the problem, have a fix and are in the process of testing it to make sure it works.

You might want to call them again to see if you get the same answer.

·
Mentor
37 Posts
joejhawk said:
Is it happening with all channels or just WFTV (ABC)? I initially had the same problem with all of them but now it is only happening on WFTV.

You should call D* and register the complaint, they claim they are tracking the problems and are working on it. I'll have to admit, it seems to be a little better than it was a week ago, but still unwatchable.
I've had the problem on every mp4 station now for Orlando locals (except WESH, oddly) and formerly it was just happening on WFTV.

·
Legend
176 Posts
Deevan said:
I've had the problem on every mp4 station now for Orlando locals (except WESH, oddly) and formerly it was just happening on WFTV.
I don't know if I have recorded anything on CBS so I wouldn't have noticed it. I did pause the Bucs game for awhile but did not see the problem. I did notice a lot of problems, but they were mostly on the field.:nono2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.