DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Icon
748 Posts
Don't you remember "The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club!":D :D :D

· RIP
6,203 Posts
I hope they were willing to spend the money to make this thing look good...I fear it turns out to be Celebrity Death Match with the Geico Gecko vs. the Energizer Bunny.

But hey...let's give it a shot...setting a SL don't cost nothing.

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken S said:
I hope they were willing to spend the money to make this thing look good...I fear it turns out to be Celebrity Death Match with the Geico Gecko vs. the Energizer Bunny.

But hey...let's give it a shot...setting a SL don't cost nothing.
I was hoping they will use the existing tech to make cool video. My fear is they take all the fight shots from all the walking with dinosaurs shows to make a compilation.
I cross my fingers that it does not suck

· Icon
748 Posts
It's a pretty good show. It looks like all of it is new and very well done. The fight scenes were realistic.

· Legend
127 Posts
Ok, I've tried recording this show 2 times. Both times it records a show called Evolve "the eye." The info shows it is Jurassic Fight Club, but it is not. I thought maybe my time zone was messed up, but it has recorded everything else correctly.

I have a HR20-100 with the latest update.

Is the guide info wrong? Any suggestions?

· Godfather
256 Posts
I really want to record this and watch it. Seems like a really cool premise and we know so much about these dinosaurs now that it's probably decently accurate which I think is cool. You wouldn't watch one of these for conjecture, you'd want to know what would really happen.

1,043 Posts
SkersR1 said:
Ok, I've tried recording this show 2 times. Both times it records a show called Evolve "the eye." The info shows it is Jurassic Fight Club, but it is not. I thought maybe my time zone was messed up, but it has recorded everything else correctly.

I have a HR20-100 with the latest update.

Is the guide info wrong? Any suggestions?
i have a season pass for tougher in alaska and fight club, this weeks tougher in alaska turned up to be fight club even thou data said tougher in alaska, its the history channels fault

· Legend
127 Posts
Christopher Gould said:
i have a season pass for tougher in alaska and fight club, this weeks tougher in alaska turned up to be fight club even thou data said tougher in alaska, its the history channels fault
Yeah, I think I tried recording it 4 times and finally the 4th time I recorded the show before and padded for 2 hours and got it in the 1st hour. Seemed to only be the replays of it as the first showing of episode 2 was correct.

· Icon
695 Posts
x;x said:
I really want to record this and watch it. Seems like a really cool premise and we know so much about these dinosaurs now that it's probably decently accurate which I think is cool. You wouldn't watch one of these for conjecture, you'd want to know what would really happen.
Nothing personal because I don't know you at all. I have to say this is my fear of all of the new style History and Learning Channel shows. People see this made up junk so much, they start to believe it as fact! We know so very little. This is fiction 100% and should never be shown on the "HISTORY" Channel! It should have a disclaimer flashing on the screen to let people know everything you are watching is guesses based on a bunch of other guesses.

For instance, the teeth marks were "almost" a match, so they jumped to the conclusion that they had to be from another of the same species! You're kidding me, right?

And then, because modern turkeys have floppy red skin around their head, these 200 million year old fossils had the same thing? Give me a break! It's all guess work.

One last one ... Because some modern female animal parents defend their territory where they are raising young, this dinosaur mother did the same thing so much so, that she ate a male of her own species? ...

I'm outta here. I have canceled my dish pass for it already. :nono2:

(Again, I don't mean to pick on the person who posted that message. There are a LOT of others with the exact same thoughts, but that's NOT science!)

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
While I don't watch this stuff, to me it's no different than "historical fiction" in that the characters "could have been like that." They probably weren't, but "could have been."

· Difficulty Concen........
Directv, 5 LNB Slimline Dish, HR34-700, HR44-500, C31-700, C41-700, 2 DIRECTV SWM16, 2 Zinwell WB68
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jkane said:
Nothing personal because I don't know you at all. I have to say this is my fear of all of the new style History and Learning Channel shows.
It is entertainment. There are those who think Jerry Springer fights are real and that Guests on the Tonight show are spontaneous and that Reality shows depict reality. All tv is entertainment, depending on what your definition of is , is.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.