DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Godfather/Supporter
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about ready to burst but there is no one here awake to talk to :) so you guys are it.

My Home Theater D-Day is Three days away :)
Here's my layout-
I have a motorized Elite Screen 101 inch mounted on a recessed box area on the ceiling. I just powered this baby up for the first time and lowered/raised it. Wow :) that was soo cool.
The AV Cabinet is installed (to the right of the screen in a box type closet (door on left side of box, front of cabinet to the right of that. It is empty right now but it is ready to receive...
My Onkyo HTS790 receiver, a mono price 5:1 HDMI switch box, an Oppo OPDV971H, my xbox 360, my Xbox, and on friday.....Lord Willing... a Direct TV HR20-700.
Next, ready to slide in the mount already on the ceiling is an InFocus SP5000.
Running between the sp5000 and the AV cabinet i have a monoprice M1to HDMI cable, Component Video cable, RCA three strand cable, S-Video cable. These run through a chase in the ceiling so they can be replaced if needed. In addition I have 2 Cat 6 cables running in to the cabinet from my network panel in the utility room. THere is also an RCA three strand running across the basement in the walls to my office so i can watch 480i on my pc. On the front wall to either side of the screen (when it is down) and under the screen at the center are the front speakers and center channel. To either side of where the old couch from the family room will be placed will be the surround speakers and 120 degrees either side of the couch in back are the two back surround speakers. The sub woofer is n the AV closet under the cabinet with black speaker cloth covering the opening.

I have been looking forward to this theater since we started planning our basement in february. I bought the projector in march, and started going from there. I'm ready to BURST and I can't wait to use this!!! My 6yo son is bouncing off the walls too because this saturday he gets to see Star Wars Ep IV for the first time.
On top of this, the basement has been delayed so much (we expected it done beginning of august at the latest) that it is now timed with the revamping of our family room with the Maxent 50 inch plasma.

ARGH!!!! Bring it on!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.