DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 HDDVR and 1 regular HD receiver and the D* rep gave me a "free" upgrade on my reg receiver to another DVR. However I realize the upgrade was just to get me under another 24 month contract. Was that a good idea or should I have said no to the upgrade in favor of going month to month?

I'm also getting $10 off a month for ordering my AT&T dsl through their bundle department at the same time however that doesn't come until months 13-24 (kinda weird). Dunno if I would still get that without the new contract...thoughts?

I signed a 24 month lease at my new place so it's not like I'll be moving or anything before the D* contract is up and I don't have any complaints with them so...

· AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I guess it's not a big deal then. I don't really record a TON of shows but being able to pause/rewind live TV sure is nice...

My order confirm says relocate existing hd dvr ird, relocate existing hd ird, and directv plus hd dvr so maybe they'll let me keep the old hd receiver for free? hehe, guy can hope

· AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dpeters11 said:
What model is the receiver?
I don't know, she didn't say...but I just now heard about the new HMC receivers and am wondering if instead of upgrading my hd receiver to a dvr if they'll let me upgrade my dvr to an hmc...seems like that would be a way more useful upgrade eh?

· AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also what the heck should I do with my old dish? My landlord won't give me my deposit back if I leave it so I have to remove it and do something with it...is it worth anything or should I just throw it away? D* said they didn't want it back, lol

· Premium Member
11,518 Posts
bubbagumper6 said:
Also what the heck should I do with my old dish? My landlord won't give me my deposit back if I leave it so I have to remove it and do something with it...is it worth anything or should I just throw it away? D* said they didn't want it back, lol
To appease your landlord remove the dish and take it to a recycling center.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
bubbagumper6 said:
Maybe put it on craiglist or ebay, depending on what kind of dish/LNB it is you might be able to make some decent money. Or you can just give it away if you want. If you were near me I'd be interested in it if it were a Slimline dish with SWM LNB.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
deadfred556 said:
does any one know with the direct movers deal how you get the 60in tv free for the commersal
when has DirecTV advertised a freeTV with the mover's program?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

· Hall Of Famer
1,833 Posts
That sucks that you get 1 year contract for moving, especially if your contract got renewed for a recent upgrade.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
acostapimps said:
That sucks that you get 1 year contract for moving, especially if your contract got renewed for a recent upgrade.
if you are currently under contract because you had a recent upgrade, a movers contract shouldn't matter since is only one year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
Right, contracts aren't consecutive, they are concurrent. So if you are 6 months into a two year contract for equipment, then get a one year movers contract, you essentially still are just under the original contract with 1.5 years remaining. It doesn't increase the ETF penalty.

Now, if you had 11 months remaining on a 2 year contract, the movers would increase your contract length by a month. So basically the contract is whichever ends last.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.