DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting a month for an appointment, finally got my HR20 yesterday. I have had several problems, so I'm looking for some help. I apologize if these questions have been answered already:

1) Should I leave the box on all night? Turned on when I came home from work and it took a good 10 minutes for it to kick in and get a picture.
2) Every time I try to view a local HD channel the box locks up. No response to remote or manual touch on buttons. After about 5 minutes I can change to a non HD channel. Please note, not problem with HD channels 70-79. Spent 90 minutes on phone with CSR and after resetting everything they want to replace my box. I don't think the box is the problem. All satellite signals are strong.

Thanks

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
1) Did you plug it in? or turn it on? It should not take 10 minutes to come out of standby mode... 10 minutes is about normal for boot up.
2) What software version are you on....

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Software version is oxdc, today at 5:15 am. I turned it on normally. Cannot remember if the tv was tuned in to a local HD channel when it was turned on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.