DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
read tread about deal where somebody on 8/8/08 got nfl package for 74 for 4 months and free premier for 4 months,i was going to upgrade any way to premier so i gave it a shot.first csr had no clue,hung up tried again,next csr knew of deal and happily gave it to me along with free superfan.this is a nobrainer if your going to upgade to premier anyway,you get premier for 74 a 120 dollar savings over 4 months,free nfl package and superfan.rememer geting smart csr is the clue.i did this yesterday 8/29 08

· AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
braven said:
I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way, but do we really need ANOTHER thread about this?
that thread was a month ago,i am trying to tell its still availible,i am only trying to give good useful infofor those who need it,what do you got

· Icon
3,701 Posts
i inquired about that deal but i think because i'm currently paying for NFLST EARLY BIRD.. i dont qualify but the REP gave me HBo & MAX free for 6 months!!!

hopefully we get more HBO or MAX HD channels soon!!!

· AllStar
83 Posts
jb1 said:
read tread about deal where somebody on 8/8/08 got nfl package for 74 for 4 months and free premier for 4 months,i was going to upgrade any way to premier so i gave it a shot.first csr had no clue,hung up tried again,next csr knew of deal and happily gave it to me along with free superfan.this is a nobrainer if your going to upgade to premier anyway,you get premier for 74 a 120 dollar savings over 4 months,free nfl package and superfan.rememer geting smart csr is the clue.i did this yesterday 8/29 08[/QUO

Is this an offer only for new customers, or can current D* customers get this as well?

· Cool Member
10 Posts
I just called in this morning and got this deal. I am an existing customer just asked directly about it. The csr said no problem added the programming at first said superfan was not included but I said "Are you sure?" He said hold on one minute and found it. Sunday ticket w/ Superfan 74.99 for 4 months with Premier free for 4. I love directv.

· Godfather
293 Posts
ok....so I emailed them the following and received an email response back from them requesting them I call to get "the best possbile price":

I would first like to commend DirecTV for its fine programming and services over the years I have been a customer (8+ years). As an NFL fan, I am always planted in front of the TV on Sundays. I keep seeing offers for the Sunday Ticket for four payments of $74.99 which includes the Premier package and free Superfan add-on. I have several friends that have received the same exact offer and they are NOT new customers. What can I do get this same offer as my friends?

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you!

I called the 800-531-5000 number and spoke with a very nice lady who was finally able to give me the offer. At first, she referenced the previous offer of free superfan and that's when I had to remind her I was looking for the premier deal just like I had received last year. She just said, "let me see if it will let me enter it" 10 minutes later and I was all set up and I'm only spending about $10 more/month. The only thing she couldn't add was the free Superfan, but I didn't push. Maybe I'll try for that end of next week....keep trying guys.

3 Posts
tried numerous times. no dice.
first offer was pay for sunday ticket, get superfan for free plus 10 off for 1 yr.
called today and new offer was as above minus superfan(deal was worse)I will probably give up at this point

9 Posts
Took me 3 times calling, but finally got the premier deal today, about an hour agoi, no free SF, but I`ve not got HD yet, so that's not really an issue.

It was interesting, the CSR had to add premier to my account before the Winback offer would appear on her system to allow her to give me the deal.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the heads up on this deal, if it hadn`t been for you guys I would probably have paid near full price for my ST.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
Just called in and spent 30 minutes on the phone and they would not match the offer :( . The CSR was quite helpful and even went to his supervisor before returning with a no go. According to the supervisor, those who got it are lucky as that is not an offering they are running for existing customers.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.