DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
No major or even minor network has announced a 4K channel in the US. So there isn't anything out there to be added. Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
I got my Genie 2 HR17 installed today and it's amazing. But is there any word on future 4K channels?
The HR34s were "amazing", as are most of the HRs, when brand new. Give the 17 a few months and come back and tell us if you think it's still "amazing".

Rich

·
Super Moderator
53,488 Posts
The HR34s were "amazing", as are most of the HRs, when brand new. Give the 17 a few months and come back and tell us if you think it's still "amazing".

Rich
You should sign that post "Debbie Downer". :)

·
Premium Member
25,275 Posts

Rich
I'd say the HR34 was praised for its capabilities, not its abilities. 5 things to record at once was huge. Speed wasn't.

The hs17 imho comes in with far far more advantages than the first genie... hopefully it'll excel as time goes by where as the HR34 just seemed to get worse by the week.

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
I'd say the HR34 was praised for its capabilities, not its abilities. 5 things to record at once was huge. Speed wasn't.

The hs17 imho comes in with far far more advantages than the first genie... hopefully it'll excel as time goes by where as the HR34 just seemed to get worse by the week.
As time goes by all the D* DVRs seem to have problems. We'll see how the 17s handle time.

Rich

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.