DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 12 years with DirecTV then dropping them a few months back and having gone with the Comcast triple play for the few months which is/was worse then having teeth pulled, I have seen the light of Dish Network. I love this DVR it is the balls, my only question with limited time at the moment is why are there so many mirrored channels that go up to the 9000 numbers? I will be asking for more info on my new VIP722 in the coming days but wanted to say how much I like what I’ve seen so far from Dish and it’s installer.

Now I have to get back to watching the game on NBC and setting up my season recordings:)
 

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question....

How many Dish season Passes can you have on your unit and why do some say 1 and others 2? How does it assign them?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,658 Posts
Welcome to the world of Dish Network...

You probably would be well served by reading the manual that came with your receiver AND browsing our Dish forums here, as likely many of your questions will be answered more quickly that way.

Most of the Dish HD channels are in the 9xxx range (there are a few exceptions)... but also have mapdowns to their SD-channel counterpart. So if you disable mapdowns, you tune to the 9xxx HD channel OR you enable mapdowns and can have the HD channel right next to the SD version.

Likely those 1 and 2 indicators by your dish pass timers indicate which tuner it is scheduled to fire on.

With a 722 you have 2 SAT tuners + 1 OTA tuner... and the receiver indicates which tuner will be used for a particular timer on the schedule.
 

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stewart Vernon said:
Welcome to the world of Dish Network...

You probably would be well served by reading the manual that came with your receiver AND browsing our Dish forums here, as likely many of your questions will be answered more quickly that way.

Most of the Dish HD channels are in the 9xxx range (there are a few exceptions)... but also have mapdowns to their SD-channel counterpart. So if you disable mapdowns, you tune to the 9xxx HD channel OR you enable mapdowns and can have the HD channel right next to the SD version.

Likely those 1 and 2 indicators by your dish pass timers indicate which tuner it is scheduled to fire on.

With a 722 you have 2 SAT tuners + 1 OTA tuner... and the receiver indicates which tuner will be used for a particular timer on the schedule.
Thanks, this is truly a "Major event like feeling I'm getting from experiencing Dish Network for the 1st time" I truly wish I made this move years ago:)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,401 Posts
oldschoolecw said:
Another question....

How many Dish season Passes can you have on your unit and why do some say 1 and others 2? How does it assign them?
A Dish season pass may not be what you think it is. HERE's a good description. It sounds like a normal timer for all or new episodes may be what you want versus a dynamic query like a season pass. Next time you do a timer, pick Dish Pass and then read the help to make sure that's really what you want. I'm not aware of any limit.
 

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mdavej said:
A Dish season pass may not be what you think it is. HERE's a good description. It sounds like a normal timer for all or new episodes may be what you want versus a dynamic query like a season pass. Next time you do a timer, pick Dish Pass and then read the help to make sure that's really what you want. I'm not aware of any limit.
You're right, that is what I was looking for
Thank you
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
Joined
·
3,148 Posts
Westinghouse LVM42!! I love mine. It was a bargain back in the day. Two DVIs are still a huge help.
 

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RasputinAXP said:
Westinghouse LVM42!! I love mine. It was a bargain back in the day. Two DVIs are still a huge help.
The only problem with my Westinghouse LVM42 is a banding issue, it's been there for years
 

·
EKB Editor
Joined
·
4,022 Posts
The limit on timers is 96, or 576 potential recording events (including skipped), whichever comes first. The Daily Schedule will show the events, go to the Timers button to see timers in priority order. Timers for programs with single airings such as network TV should be moved above those that will be replayed such as on Disney, MTV, TBS, etc.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
654 Posts
oldschoolecw said:
Thanks, this is truly a "Major event like feeling I'm getting from experiencing Dish Network for the 1st time" I truly wish I made this move years ago:)
I'm right with you. Just dropped D* over the weekend when I found out they dropped my Fox channel, as well as others. My new Dish setup comes on Wednesday. Can't wait.
 

·
HarpoonIPA
Joined
·
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can not believe how AWESOME my experience has been so far with Dish, a few days ago they gave me 3 free PPV movies of my choice up to $6.99 for signing up with Dish, I did not expect them but there in my e-mail they gave me coupon codes to order on-line. Then today I get an e-mail saying I have a 4th free PPV because I have my VIP722 Networked and plugged into my home phone. :)

Thank you Dish Network, tomorrow will be a real test of my Dish 1000.4 with heavy snow hitting my area, it will be a true test, which always knocked out my DirecTV, I will keep you posted on how well the 1000.4 handles under tremendous weather.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top