DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it set up so I can use the DVR Scheduler. Works great...What else can I do with it on a network. I've read some stuff about VOD...hows that work? Can I pump that directly to my PC? Download it?

thanks in advance for the help.

· Registered
24,401 Posts
MudMover said:
Just got it set up so I can use the DVR Scheduler. Works great...What else can I do with it on a network. I've read some stuff about VOD...hows that work? Can I pump that directly to my PC? Download it?

thanks in advance for the help.
See this forum... and check out the DOD basics thread in the stickey threads....

· ΔS > 0
1,963 Posts
Just to clarify, your DVRs don't need Internet access for DVR Scheduler to work. They get the commands to schedule recordings from the satellites. You would need Internet access from a cell phone or PC (which might need a WAP) to tell DirecTV's system to schedule a recording.

· Registered
5,670 Posts
With the DVR networked, you get access to VOD and can access music, photos and some videos on your computer. You cannot transfer DirecTV recordings to the computer, but there is an app in the works to view those recordings on your computer and eventually MRV may be enabled.

· Godfather
347 Posts
search for media share

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.