DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Gotchaa said:
Just switched to a 70" SXRD from a 55". One thing I've noticed is how crappy HD is with D*. We are watching the UCLA-USC game, and switched from the D* mpeg2 ABC HD feed to OTA KABC, and it is night and day difference. So dissapointed with D* and their compression.

HD quality truly has reached a new low. Very unacceptable. If it wasn't for NFL ticket it would be over for many of us, D* knows this. I don't see PQ getting any better.

Very impressed with the OTA receiver in the XBR2, locks on every channel. Excellent picture, I love this TV. At least I have OTA that works...
I think you need to check the new mpeg4 locals, they look very comparable to OTA, I believe Directv is on the right path with their HD. Sorry you had a bad night, were you a usc fan?

·
Banned
375 Posts
Gotchaa said:
Sorry, I'm a Bruin, looks like you'll get another [email protected] the Rose bowl

How this relates, I am watching off the HR20, OTA is still not functioning. And no, the MPEG4 HD channel is not better than the OTA KABC HD feed here in Los Angeles. Your mileage may vary.

So whether it's the MPEG2/4 decoder in the HR20 or just poor quality which I am just now seeing with a larger display, it's just plain bad.

I am noticing this on all D* HD sources, maybe it's the HR20, but I am betting it's the feed.

GO BRUINS!
your original post stated you were watching via mpeg2, thats where I got confused, sorry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.