DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new D* installed today and to my surprise they gave me an H20-100. I work in peoples homes on their TVs and haven't seen anything but the H21's sent out for a long time. Unfortunately the installer was long gone by the time I got home to see it. Did they give me an old refurb they're trying to get rid of? Should I call and complain and demand the H21? I need OTA for 1 channel that D* doesn't carry in HD, but I don't really have a problem running directly to the TV if the H21 is cooler, runs faster, or is otherwise superior.

· Godfather
353 Posts
I have four H20's and two H21's. I prefer the H20 to the 21 primarily because of the OTA built into the 20's, but otherwise I can see no operational difference between the two. One other important feature is the H20 has a three-prong AC cord but the H21 has only a 2-wire AC cord, ie no grounding plug.

· AllStar
75 Posts
I'd keep it now that you have it up and running. I seriously doubt *D will give you the time of day should you call to request a substitute.
That said, and I'm sorry to say, but I've had 4 HR20-100's since they were released and they all failed.
But then, it's my humble opinion that all their units are substandard and variably unreliable so cross your fingers, say a prayer, sacrifice an offering to your favorite God and enjoy it as long as it lasts.
When they work, the technology is outrageously cool...

· Hall Of Fame
1,015 Posts
ATARI said:
I've had an H20-100 for over a year, no problems.

My recommendation: keep it and enjoy the integrated OTA.
I have 2 H20-100's 1 has had a minor issue with HDMI but the last S/W update finally fixed it:D
The Ota tuner in the 100 is a little less sensitive than the 600s as reported by other posters. But i can pull in all the boston digitals with out any issues:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.