DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I switched to Dish Jan 26th. I had Direct with whole house DVR. That was the biggest hurdle for me switching. No one even said anything about the Hoppers coming when I asked about whole house DVR. I would have waited a month to sign up to get the Hopper. I called Dish and was told I could only buy a Hopper for $400. Is there really no way they could help me out by changing my equipment? I really don't want to wait 2 years until I can get new equipment. Has anyone had this happen?

Clif

·
Icon
543 Posts
Cridlon said:
I switched to Dish Jan 26th. I had Direct with whole house DVR. That was the biggest hurdle for me switching. No one even said anything about the Hoppers coming when I asked about whole house DVR. I would have waited a month to sign up to get the Hopper. I called Dish and was told I could only buy a Hopper for $400. Is there really no way they could help me out by changing my equipment? I really don't want to wait 2 years until I can get new equipment. Has anyone had this happen?

Clif
get in touch with one of the dish guys here

·
Icon
678 Posts
domingos35 said:
get in touch with one of the dish guys here
Theres not much else there going to be able to do about it.
In order to get the upgrade free or at reduced cost you need to qualify for a Dishn it up (DIU), theres no way a customer who signed up in January will qualify for the full freebie or discounted price.

@OP, you dont have to wait two years. Just maintain a decent package and pay your bills on time and you should be able to DIU towards the end of your first year with Dish.
Aside from that your only options will be to outright purchase it.

·
Godfather/Supporter
2,033 Posts
There was no release date on January 28th, it hadn't even been fully finished then. They would have had no date to give you or any real details. I would have stayed with Direct TV if whole house is that important to be honest. Otherwise the reasons you switched are still valid, if it was for more HD networks or whatever. Enjoy them and get the whole home when you can.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.