DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
I found this - apparently it's part of a broader probe that isn't targeted specifically at DirecTV or Dish

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...d-to-receive-justice-department-requests.html

DirecTV (DTV) and Dish Network Corp. (DISH) have received requests from the U.S. Justice Department about pricing contracts with television networks, part of a broader probe into whether pay-TV companies are squeezing out Internet-video rivals, according to three people with knowledge of the matter.

The Justice Department sent civil investigative demands, which are similar to subpoenas, to DirecTV and Dish, the two largest U.S. satellite-TV providers, said the people, who asked not to be named because they lacked authority to talk publicly about the situation.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,828 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
After reading the article, the title of the thread is very misleading. The probe doesn't seem at all to indicate that the Justice Dept is coming for D* and E*.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
lparsons21 said:
After reading the article, the title of the thread is very misleading. The probe doesn't seem at all to indicate that the Justice Dept is coming for D* and E*.
That's my take, too.

Let's see how Swanni spins it! :nono:

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,436 Posts
Swanni, no swanni ... doesn't matter.

I'd like to see regular audit of the content provider/distributor companies.
There are a lot of hidden movements - too much money changing hands.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.