DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Godfather
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in kansas city and we have kc locals. But i have family in wichita, ks and we visit there quite often and sometimes we stay for days at a time.

As of right now dish does not have wichita, ks locals in HD and so i take my 2nd receiver with me when we go so i dont miss my shows in HD. Yes i have a DVR 722 but well we get bored and we like to watch our favorite shows while we are there.

Well we were told that the same spot beam that serves KC serves tulsa and oklahoma city. So since the family now got an HDTV we decided to take our receiver to show off some HD programming and when we tried watching locals it gave some message about you can not view these channels outside the service area.

Did we do something wrong?

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
To get the KC HD stations, you need a 129 Dish in Wichita - these would work. I kind of doubt the SD locals for both are in the same spotbeam or even visible at the same time (I have to do further checking on that). It MAY be that the KC HD stations are available on 61.5, but again, you would need a dish pointing at that as well.

When you move your receiver like that, you must also do a check switch at each location so the receiver knows which birds it can see. Your regular cable programming shouldn't be a problem, but locals are another matter.

· Godfather
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are SD on spotbeam to?
yea had 129 dish but it was weird it wasnt that i was not getting signal it was saying i was not allowed to view the stations. Like it somehow new i was in a different place.

I found a website http://wvjw.info/dbs-beam/ shows that the spot beam used for KC easily covers for wichita. So HD or SD should be no problem

· Godfather
252 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.