DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I've seen this reported before, but last night I hit "PLAY" on the two new "My Boys" episodes on TBS appearing in My Playlist last night, and I was immediately prompted to "Keep" or "Delete." I was unable to view the shows. I "red-button" reset the machine and then the two show were gone all together. This is the first issue I've had with the latest software release. BUT - it was enough for me to label my HR20 the "B" machine and the HR10-250 the "A" machine in the household.

·
AllStar
101 Posts
That is what people are calling the "no play bug" I have been having this daily for about 5 days now. About 1 out of every 3 shows I record actually play. It seems to be a common symptom.

I did a couple of resets last night, in hopes that will fix it.

·
Mentor
45 Posts
Blitz68 said:
I had this issue and after doing a reset it works good so far.
I had this problem last weekend. It only seems to happen on HD recordings. A reset didn't help... It seems like maybe if you have a brief moment of sig loss, it thinks the show is over or something. Anyway, lame.

·
AllStar
101 Posts
gsand said:
It only seems to happen on HD recordings. A reset didn't help... It seems like maybe if you have a brief moment of sig loss, it thinks the show is over or something. Anyway, lame.
Actually this happened to my sd recordings as well.... But i do agree with you that it is probably due to a brief moment of signal loss causing the machine to stop recording.

·
Godfather
578 Posts
jimbo713 said:
It seems that I've seen this reported before, but last night I hit "PLAY" on the two new "My Boys" episodes on TBS appearing in My Playlist last night, and I was immediately prompted to "Keep" or "Delete." I was unable to view the shows. I "red-button" reset the machine and then the two show were gone all together. This is the first issue I've had with the latest software release. BUT - it was enough for me to label my HR20 the "B" machine and the HR10-250 the "A" machine in the household.
This happened to me with last week's Grey's Anatomy which freaked me out initially. But when I clicked the "don't delete" the screen went back to the list with Grey's highlighted, I just pushed the play button and it played perfectly. I don't know if this was just a hiccup but so far that's the closest we've come to not being able to view a recorded show. I hope that's as bad as it gets!!
John

·
Mentor
40 Posts
Bobwhite said:
Actually this happened to my sd recordings as well.... But i do agree with you that it is probably due to a brief moment of signal loss causing the machine to stop recording.
it could be caused by signal loss, but that's not the only cause- i have no signal issues at all (signals in the 80's and 90's on all transponders), and was having a large number of unwatchable recordings. resets would fix the problem temporarily, but it always came back, until i formatted the hr20. since formatting, i've had every scheduled recording work perfectly going on 11 days now. that makes me think it was either a problem with the hr20's software, or an old recording on the disk that was freaking the hr20 out.
you do lose all your recordings and you have to re-enter your series links, though, when you format. good luck!

·
Legend
192 Posts
Objectivity said:
Stupid question, but how do you reset short of unplugging counting to 10 and plugging back in?
Open the cover on the front right where the access card is and press the red button.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.