DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Live4Soccer said:
Really? ...my installer was telling me that their first shipment was the 600's and they were sending those back like crazy. He was saying they had a pallet of those headed back from customers post install...he seemed to think that the 700's were holding up better and they had fewer calls on compared to the 600's. Maybe there was better QA at the 700 box plant than the 600 box plant! :)
Those must be the boxes D* is sending out as refurb units, with actual video from the ex-owners/subscribers still on them. I kid you not. There are a couple of posts of people receiving replacement units, allegedly refurbed, but have the former owner's MyVOD on them, along with their iniitial setup data still there. Sounds more like re-labeling than refurbishing, no?

Someone suggested it was D*'s Sneaker Net implementation of Video on Demand. Very funny comment. Some people here do have a sense of humor.

Anyway, welcome. It's going to get even more interesting, no doubt. And good luck with your HR20. Despite my skeptic's tone, mine is working well right now, but it started out flaky and a few downloads and removing HDMI and the B-Band converters seems to have set it straight. Of course, I don't really know if those workarounds really did the trick, and I'm still figuring something major (still have minor issues) will go wrong again. But I hope not.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.