· Godfather
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a keyword search set up:

BACKYARDIGANS
TYPE = Both
KAM = 3
KUID

This morning, the recorder was recording the same episode on the same channel on both tuners.

Tuner 1 = NIK1
Tuner 2 = NICKHD

Both channel 298 (I think it was).

My guide is set to hide SD Duplicates.

Any clues why this would happen?

· Registered
14,213 Posts
Sorry, no idea. This is an abnormal situation and should not be happening. If nothing else, you should add a post to the correct issues thread for your model of DVR so that DIRECTV sees your report.

· Godfather
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drew2k said:
Sorry, no idea. This is an abnormal situation and should not be happening. If nothing else, you should add a post to the correct issues thread for your model of DVR so that DIRECTV sees your report.
I'll give it a try..

· Icon
819 Posts
Mine does the same thing. If I choose a keyword recording like "KCRA REPORTS" and show type/news, I get the news recorded from both the SD and HD local channels at the same time.

I've posted about this once or twice before.

Autorecord keyword searches also record from channels I dont subscribe to.

· Icon
819 Posts
I got it in the release before 254 on the hr20-100. Its not intermittent, it happens every single time the news records and a higher SL isnt scheduled to record.

This is also what torpedoed my recording of a football game a couple of days ago. I scheduled the game to record and it showed no conflicts, but then this popped up and recorded the 5:00 news twice and bounced my game with a "this showing is over", aka "both tuners are in use".

So it doesnt check/enumerate autorecords when checking to see if a recording can happen without conflict, then there is apparently an obscure bug that causes both sd/hd channels to record at the same time on some autorecords, and apparently that overrides a single instance recording that was supposed to be without conflicts.

Pretty sub-optimal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.