DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mentor
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same thing occurs on 3 different HR23/700's running the latest National release (0x4e2) and an HR24/500 running the HDGUI (0x58f).

I have a keyword search setup to record all New York Rangers hockey games - "ALL HDTV RANGERS" with the category set to Sports -> Hockey. Options are set to "First Run", Keep 5 programs and Record 30 mins after the program ends.

Recently, HBO started airing "24/7 Flyers/Rangers: Road to the NHL Winter Classic", which is a great show - except my receive records it (only on channel 511, the HBO Latino HD station) every time it is on. Even if it has already recorded the episode - it records it again.

For example, today from 11:00a - 12:00p and then from 12:00p - 1:00p it appears the same episode is airing - but it wants to record both.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I know I can change the keyword to add "NNOT 24/7", but was hoping there was something else I could do.

I thought the DVR would be smart enough not to record the same thing over and over.

The strange thing is it doesn't do this with the English version of 24/7, only the one airing on HBO Latino.

·
Mentor
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I changed the search to "AALL HDTV RANGERS NNOT 24" and it still recorded an episode of 24/7 on HBO - and a repeat at that when I have "First Run" only setup.

I wonder if the problem isn't with the DVR but rather the Guide Data. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
I would suspect the guide data is also the issue. While I would like it to always be perfect I realize it never will be. I prefer that it records more shows than fewer shows and I either catch them in the to do list or delete them after they have recorded.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Forget the NNOT. What channels do you get the NY Rangers on?

·
Mentor
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a good idea - but, I am a NHL Center Ice subscriber, so I get blacked out a lot and am forced to watch the opposing team's channel, so I'm not 100% sure what channels I would use.

I guess I could list all of the NHL Center Ice channels. Is there a way to do a list of channels and a range? I looked at the tutorial and it seemed like if I did "CCHAN 770 779" it would pick the range of channels between 770 and 779 instead of doing just 770 and 779.

I'm guessing I'd need to pick channels 4, 215, 603, 634, 635, 636-1, 637-1, and then 770-1 through 787-1.

So based on this post, http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=1677715&postcount=4 I'm not sure how to do this? I'm guessing it would involve a lot of parenthesis?

Thanks for your help!

·
Mentor
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dpeters11 said:
This may be too simple, but what happens if you just add nnot classic?
After the Winter Classic tomorrow, it will probably work, but right now I don't want to add it so I can still record the Winter Classic game tomorrow :)

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow! So I'll be recording the game.

·
Mentor
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dpeters11 said:
This may be too simple, but what happens if you just add nnot classic?
On this same train of thought though, I might be able to add "NNOT NNAME Schreiber" who is the Narrator for 24/7 and wouldn't be credited on any of the normal Ranger games.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.