DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever taken a KVH or King Controls Unit apart? what does it look like inside??

·
1 Posts
I work on KVH systems almost daily and there's surprisingly not a lot of components inside. There's a reflector, lnb, main board, rf board, elevation motor and an azimuth motor. The different models have different chassis designs and platforms that the main components actually rest on. They are amazing to watch work on a boat going down a rough waterway without missing a beat!

·
Godfather
261 Posts
the kvh, in motion, A-5 flat dish works great, I would love to open mine but I saw one open at a trade show years ago.....it's like he said. I had mine on a van for a few years, I have the model that can be added to your home a count for 5 bucks, cheap enough! Right now, it's on the shelve, I sold the van and removed the dish cause I figured I wouldn't get anything extra for it. I'd sell mine for a 1k if anybody wants one, works perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.