DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I’ve infested this section with so much stuff. But, I promise this will be appealing to some. I have for you a KVH TRACVISION TV5, a beast when it comes to boat satellite TV since it has a huge reflector and crazy tracking technology. I am not completely familiar with the services it receives, but I know it IS a wide range.

AS FAR AS FUNCTIONALITY, IT SHOULD WORK (ACCORDING TO THE PREVIOUS OWNER I BOUGHT IT FROM) however I was not able to test it because 1) I don’t own a boat and 2) I have no clue how this thing works lol!

Included are two respective power cables which I assume are for power.
On top of being untested, this IS MISSING THE TOP COVER AND IS JUST THE SHELL! While it still works like this, you SHOULD HAVE A SHELL FOR IT TO WORK PROPERLY. I know the shells are sold separately for around $500. The unit itself retails for around $2,000 so I am open to offers.

SHIPPING:
I am open to shipping as long as the respective buyer sends a prepaid label. UPS, USPS, or FedEx is fine. This thing weighs around 40 - 50 pounds so shipping is a lot!

Otherwise, pickup near Bergen County, NJ.

PLEASE MAKE OFFERS AND ASK ANY QUESTIONS. Thanks for your interest.

Wood Flooring Gas Cylinder Cone

Household hardware Circuit component Audio equipment Gas Circle

Wood Rectangle Flooring Floor Gas

Wood Saw Gas Machine Circle

Wood Gas Rectangle Plywood Hardwood

Electrical wiring Gas Machine Office equipment Auto part

Table Light Blue Wood Wall

Gas Engineering Machine Auto part Mechanical fan

Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Tire Bicycle tire
Ok
Gas Auto part Automotive tire Metal Kitchen appliance accessory

· Mr. FixAnything
27,997 Posts
since it has a huge reflector
Really ?
Not enough for DTV, but still usable for dish service. The reflector is too small for the providers while sailing outshore. 41.5" [TV10 or HD11] would be more interesting.
Also, without the shell you cannot use it. Weather, humidity and salt will kill it !
Actually, all info you could find on KVH web site !

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. I certainly don’t know a whole lot about the unit.
The shell runs for around $500 on eBay so that must be purchased by the respective buyer in order to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts