DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Legend
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cautiously optimistic since the latest update I have not had an OTA freeze up, so hopefully this WAS addressed. Also seems to be a more stuff in the diagnostics screen than before as well…

· AllStar
89 Posts
Surprised no one had reported this before.

Got 7.51 a few days ago, and now it doesn't recognize the existence of my EHD.

Did all the ususal - hard and soft resets, plug/unplug USB and the drive itself - nothing.

Waited for today to call and of course I refused to do that all again, and they finally sent me up a level. After a few more inane questions, she
tells me to reformat my drive (and how I could I, since the 722k doesn't even know it's there?). I refused for their problem they caused, and the "tech" finally "discovers" that this is a known issue and "it's being looked at." I then asked for compensation and was first offered 3 months free of Cinemax & Starz. I called that insulting, as you get that offer all the time. After a bit more, she offered $10/month for year. I reluctantly accepted. Quite frankly, between this and the AMC issue, I'm starting to look at DirecTV and cord-cutting. Ridiculous!

· Cool Member
11 Posts
barryaz1 said:

Did all the ususal - hard and soft resets, plug/unplug USB and the drive itself - nothing.

Waited for today to call and of course I refused to do that all again, and they finally sent me up a level. After a few more inane questions, she
tells me to reformat my drive (and how I could I, since the 722k doesn't even know it's there?). I refused for their problem they caused, and the "tech" finally "discovers" that this is a known issue and "it's being looked at." I then asked for compensation and was first offered 3 months free of Cinemax & Starz. I called that insulting, as you get that offer all the time. After a bit more, she offered $10/month for year. I reluctantly accepted. Quite frankly, between this and the AMC issue, I'm starting to look at DirecTV and cord-cutting. Ridiculous!
So the new update makes any recordered programs unviewable? Great, I can't wait. I have a bunch of programs on my EHD that I stand to lose? DirecTv looking better all the time.

· Legend
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wallyb47 said:
So the new update makes any recordered programs unviewable? Great, I can't wait. I have a bunch of programs on my EHD that I stand to lose? DirecTv looking better all the time.
Before you run over to Direct you may want to take the time to read the other forum as they have their own set of problems...The grass is seldom greener once you get over the fence...

· AllStar
89 Posts
Rduce said:
Before you run over to Direct you may want to take the time to read the other forum as they have their own set of problems...The grass is seldom greener once you get over the fence...
Maybe, if only my wife could actually learn to switch among inputs, I'd be fine with OTA, plus Roku.:)

· Legend
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
barryaz1 said:

Well, this is interesting...Finally got around to check for the EHD problem you reported and mine works, sort of, I can plug it into the back USB and no joy, however, if I plug it into the front one it sees it just fine....

· AllStar
89 Posts
Rduce said:
Well, this is interesting...Finally got around to check for the EHD problem you reported and mine works, sort of, I can plug it into the back USB and no joy, however, if I plug it into the front one it sees it just fine....
I'll have to try that tonight. Silly, to say the least.

· Icon
616 Posts
barryaz1 said:
Maybe, if only my wife could actually learn to switch among inputs, I'd be fine with OTA, plus Roku.:)
Yeah, same here.

And forget about an HTPC--or any PC. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.