DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Icon
715 Posts
I'm looking forward to this. We only got one Game 7 in this year's playoffs, I hope it's a blowout in the 1st half and doesn't go down to the wire. It's so memorable that the Kings fans will say to themselves: Why do we need to bring these cow bells to the Cow Palace/Arco anymore? It's just a waste of our time. Dick Bavetta and Steve Javie are just the best refs ever. I know in my heart that they didn't want the Lakers to win. Lakers just won on talent and poise and no-flops at all!

PS- Go Lakers! :)

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lakers defeated the Kings in Arco Arena in hostile crowd 112 to 106...... :(

Kings also had three more free throw attempts then the Lakers.

Peja missed the what could of been the winning shot.

Shaq and Kobe hit clutch free throws.

It should of been over in regulation but Lakers got it done in OT.

Congrats to Lakers and great effort by the Kings. Any team with Chris Webber trying to be the hero won't win the championship.

Vlade flopped like a mad man and got fouled out.

Mateen Cleaves actually was drained by OT.

·
Icon
715 Posts
The owners of the Kings are class acts. Future of the NBA depends on owners like this and even Cuban in Dallas.

This was the best series I've ever seen from game to game. Only game not that good was game 3. Vlade hasn't changed much in terms of attitude since his Lakers days. Always whining. Every foul tonight he got is something he caused on his own and that includes the 6th foul diving out of bounds. Kings won't go away anytime soon. Bibby scared me in that 1st half. How come Vlade didn't come in earlier in the 4th with 4 fouls? It's do or die. You've got to play him. Fisher was killing me. Samaki was awful. Pete Rose should of left him in the shower on the post game show. Why interview Samaki? Just a faboulous series. I enjoyed most of it. Now on to the finals. Lakers in 5, but probably 6 and wrap it up on the 17th in Jersey.

·
Damn you woman!
5,205 Posts
If I never see Mike Bibby play again, it will be too soon. I hate that guy. He is too good...

I agree with Fisher, he doesn't bring anything to the table, but there isn't anything on the bench that is any better. :(

I still don't expect NJ to make any serious threat to the world champs. :)

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Food for thought.....

In game 7, there were a total of 18 lead changes and 16 ties.

In 2000, when the Kings and Laker met in the first round, the Lakers took the series in five games (out of five), then the Lakers easily won the rest of the playoff series.

In 2001, when the Kings and Lakers met in the second round, the Lakers again won the series, but it took all seven games.

As a result of this playoff series, the Maloof brothers have shown a profit since they acquired the team four years ago. The television contract is now up for renewal, and no doubt, a bidding war will occur to carry the local games. The previous contract had the Kings paying for the games to be carried on local TV.

Also, most of the Lakers contracts are up for renegotiation, while most of the Kings men have long term contracts.

So, even by losing tonight, they have more playoff games this season than their entire sixteen year history in Sacramento.

And, lest we forget, about five years ago, the Chicago Bulls were unbeatable. According to the 2001-2002 standings, the Chicago Bulls tied the Golden State Warriors for worst record of 21-61. Sacramento had their best ever record of 61-21, Lakers had 58-24, and New Jersey had a record of 52-30 (5th Overall).

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
That was one of the finest basketball games I have seen in a long time. I was VERY impressed with both teams, and even though I hate the Lakers, I gotta take my hat off to them for the win. I think we all know the Lakers have the championship clenched now.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Finally.... what really counts in a playoff series..... the ratings:

"Ratings for the NBA playoffs that haven't been seen since Michael Jordan was playing for the Chicago Bulls"

1. NBA Playoff (Lakers at Sacramento) (Sunday), NBC, 14.4/24
3. NBA Playoffs (Kings at Los Angeles) (Friday), NBC, 11.1/22
4. NBA Playoff (Lakers at Sacramento) (Tuesday), NBC, 9.9/17

Sources:
http://www.imdb.com/StudioBrief/2002/20020605.html#9
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?26294
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=494&494&e=12&u=/ap/20020604/ap_en_tv/nielsens_2

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Originally posted by Chris Blount
Interesting. I also heard the the local LA rating for the game was a 70 share! That's incredible!
From Tuesday's Sacramento Bee:

Channel 3 (KCRA) averaged a 45.5 rating and a 68 share during Sunday's telecast, which was watched by about 1 million people locally.

Not even the last four Super Bowls have had better success in this market, which covers Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto.

In fact, Sunday's game delivered the best non-NBA Finals ratings since May 31, 1998, when Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls played the Indiana Pacers in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
For the record...

Game 1: L.A. Lakers 106, Sacramento 99
Game 2: Sacramento 96, L.A. Lakers 90
Game 3: Sacramento 103, L.A. Lakers 90
Game 4: L.A. Lakers 100, Sacramento 99
Game 5: Sacramento 92, L.A. Lakers 91
Game 6: L.A. Lakers 106, Sacramento 102
Game 7: L.A. Lakers 112, Sacramento 106

So the best margin in this entire series was 7 points.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.