DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I use an indoor antenna in my apartment (no can do outdoor) and have to re-aim when I change channels. Is it me, or is the HR-20 with the new FW Major Lame when it comes to checking signal strength of OTA?

I mean, once you tune in and find out there isn't enough signal, you go through 4 screens to get to the ANT set-up, then when you hit the Signal Meter, the HR-20 warps you to the lowest channel on your list, and you have to scroll all the way from the first channel ONE - AT - A -TIME until you get to the channel you want to check, THEN after finally getting the antenna lined up, the HR-20 takes ANOTHER 20 seconds of cogitating until you get to hit three more keys to be returned to you program.

Holy Wasted Keystrokes, Batman! Can they MAKE it any harder than this?

Or is it me? Anyone found an easier way to check OTA singal strength?

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Well, first of all I misinformed you. It's not the arrow buttons that will page down it is the channel up/down that will page up/down.

I was referring to the the channel listings. If you press the channel up/down button it will jump a "page" at a time. A "page" equals what, 6 channels? So if you start on channel two and hit channel down, it will jump to channel 8.

I know it's not much, but it's better than one channel at a time. I don't think your going to get away from having to go thru 4 screens to get to where you want to go. If you have a programmable remote like a Hrmaony 880 you can teach the remote in "raw" mode (possbily). But that's alot of bunch button pushing to squeeze to "teach" the remote.

Maybe I'm way off base and don't understand your question. I'm pretty sure I do though.

EDIT: I don't have use OTA. But can't you just punch in the channel # yuo want to go to anyway. Like editing or customizing the channels you see/use in the guide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.