DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I have joined the ranks of the unhappy with their HR20. Since the last download I have had the following problems.

1. lockups.
2. fail to record programs that were scheduled.
3. when a program is playing can't push record I have to
push button before program starts to play to record.
4. get loud poping noise and audio drop out.
5. when doing rewind it shows name and time of a show on
another channell (also it is a green and not gold bar)
6. Some of my recorded Programs are not there.just black screen.
7. Partial recordings.
8. Plus other smaller problems.

If only I could do a go back to before the download. I can live with a lot of the problems knowing that D* is working on them BUT!! I expect the DVR to RECORD
When I tell it to do so. I will go back to the HR10 and wait for the fix if it is possible to fix. I like watching my locals in MPEG4 but I had no complaints with the HR10 either.

Earl It looks like I'm not the only victim here any idea if and when the Basic recording and playback will be fixed? I can wait for the minor problems but I need to know that they are working on the big ones.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I.M. Nobody said:
Earl It looks like I'm not the only victim here any idea if and when the Basic recording and playback will be fixed? I can wait for the minor problems but I need to know that they are working on the big ones.
I know they are working on them... but as for when... couldn't tell you.
Most of the items in your list are not "new" to the new version, just maybe new to use since the release.

They are working on them...
They want them all out of there.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
If the problems are so bad, is there a chance they will push back down E3 like they did on the last R15 upgrade?

·
Godfather
267 Posts
I.M. Nobody said:
Well I think I have joined the ranks of the unhappy with their HR20. Since the last download I have had the following problems.

1. lockups.
2. fail to record programs that were scheduled.
3. when a program is playing can't push record I have to
push button before program starts to play to record.
4. get loud poping noise and audio drop out.
5. when doing rewind it shows name and time of a show on
another channell (also it is a green and not gold bar)
6. Some of my recorded Programs are not there.just black screen.
7. Partial recordings.
8. Plus other smaller problems.

If only I could do a go back to before the download. I can live with a lot of the problems knowing that D* is working on them BUT!! I expect the DVR to RECORD
When I tell it to do so. I will go back to the HR10 and wait for the fix if it is possible to fix. I like watching my locals in MPEG4 but I had no complaints with the HR10 either.

Join the club man! :(

·
Godfather
304 Posts
Earl - can you pass this along to your "contacts".

We don't want the "update", if it doesn't fix anything, or just causes even more headaches... same goes for OTA!!!!! :)

Thanks,

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Last night I recorded Heros the yellow light was on and it went out when the program was over. When I went to watch it, no recording. It didn't even show in the VOD.

Thank god I back up somethings with the HR10.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I.M. Nobody said:
Well Last night I recorded Heros the yellow light was on and it went out when the program was over. When I went to watch it, no recording. It didn't even show in the VOD.

Thank god I back up somethings with the HR10.
What does your history say about it?

·
Godfather
267 Posts
My recording of Heros actually worked. Admittedly, I was a bit scared after reading about others' HR20's not recording this show. It plays at least, hopefully there'll be no hiccups when I actually watch the show later this week.

·
Icon
714 Posts
jbstix said:
Earl - can you pass this along to your "contacts".

We don't want the "update", if it doesn't fix anything, or just causes even more headaches... same goes for OTA!!!!! :)

Thanks,
Speak for yourself. I want OTA. I'll live with some headaches.

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Well, I have to admit, over the past two weeks, My HR20 has actually been working...

I am still a bit worried that it isn't going to record something correctly, Black screen problem, but since my last tirade here, it has been working better.

I am hoping the next "update" will make even further progress.
While I know there are problems, if the next update provides as much improvement as the last one did, (for me at least)
I will be willing to say the box is officially ready for "early adopters" that don't mind going through some "early product cycle" speed bumps.
Note, this is still a long way from "Consumer Ready"

Keep working on it D*, I have confidence you will "get her done"

·
AllStar
82 Posts
...can someone please explain why they would send out an update that made things worse? For the life of me I just can't understand that. I want to know how to avoid this update, as of right now things are not that bad.. a few word bleeps and one or two black outs for a 1/2 second... and of coarse my picture quality problem, but nothing like you all describe... I want to stay as is till this is fixed, but from what I was told this download is coming down tonight, one hour from now... Meanwhile I am crossing my fingers:)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jwren said:
...can someone please explain why they would send out an update that made things worse? For the life of me I just can't understand that. I want to know how to avoid this update, as of right now things are not that bad.. a few word bleeps and one or two black outs for a 1/2 second... and of coarse my picture quality problem, but nothing like you all describe... I want to stay as is till this is fixed, but from what I was told this download is coming down tonight, one hour from now... Meanwhile I am crossing my fingers:)
There is no way to avoid the update...
0xEB hasn't made things worse "overall"...

With the exception of the TrickPlay issues (screen blacking out)... all the other reported issues, have been in previous versions.

Yes, some people now have issues they haven't had before...
But others, who had issues don't have issue now with the relese.

Again... based on the info I got earlier this evening... I wouldn't be expecting 0xEB tonight... (unless I mis-interpreted something... which wouldn't be the first time).

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
There is no way to avoid the update...
0xEB hasn't made things worse "overall"...

With the exception of the TrickPlay issues (screen blacking out)... all the other reported issues, have been in previous versions.

Yes, some people now have issues they haven't had before...
But others, who had issues don't have issue now with the relese.

Again... based on the info I got earlier this evening... I wouldn't be expecting 0xEB tonight... (unless I mis-interpreted something... which wouldn't be the first time).
So the net of it is, new software is released, all the same bugs exist, some get healthy, others get sick and others stay the same, and they added a new bug to boot.

Woot!!!!!:blowout: :rolling: :blowout: :hair:

Progress!

874 Posts
I have to go along with the theme of this thread.

Last night I had CSI:Miami set to record from my HD Local. Since it's on at 10pm, my wife & I watch it Tuesday around 8pm. We've done this since we had our HR20 & AT9 dish set up. Last night's recording was really messed up. Even though the progress bar showed close to a full hour left, the credits were showing. Then the "Keep or Delete" pop up showed. First time this has happened, and only since the last update.

·
Godfather
267 Posts
Well... I went to watch Heros tonight... got about half-way into it... WHAM! "would you like to delete this recording, yes or no". DANG IT! The history says "recorded", but NOPE... a partial effin recording!!! Now I can add this to the list of bugs that were INTRODUCED TO US by the last software update!!! I really really REALLY wish I could revert to the previous software... because we could at least RECORD our shows and watch them! Our HR20 that was working pretty good before the last software update has now experienced:

Lock ups
Black screen recordings
Partial Recordings
Inability to set season passes to certain shows

UGH!:( :nono2: :mad: :nono:

g4jedi said:
My recording of Heros actually worked. Admittedly, I was a bit scared after reading about others' HR20's not recording this show. It plays at least, hopefully there'll be no hiccups when I actually watch the show later this week.

·
Godfather
340 Posts
g4jedi said:
Well... I went to watch Heros tonight... got about half-way into it... WHAM! "would you like to delete this recording, yes or no". DANG IT! The history says "recorded", but NOPE... a partial effin recording!!! Now I can add this to the list of bugs that were INTRODUCED TO US by the last software update!!! I really really REALLY wish I could revert to the previous software... because we could at least RECORD our shows and watch them! Our HR20 that was working pretty good before the last software update has now experienced:

Lock ups
Black screen recordings
Partial Recordings
Inability to set season passes to certain shows

UGH!:( :nono2: :mad: :nono:
Mine seems to be working pretty good since I did the hard reset. Try it. I just unpluged the HR20, unpluged both sat. feeds, waited 10 secs., pluged the sat. feeds back in, pluged the HR20 back in, and it restarted. I haven't missed a recording since. It's worth a shot.:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.