DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Tampa, Fl where the Jaguars/Colts game is SUPPOSED to be on now! After they aired the crappy Dolphins/Patriots game they switched to NY/Cincinatti. It went long...VERY long. Did my local affiliate switch to the Jaguars game at 4:15? No, of course not. But here's where I am furious...IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE ON NFL ST ALL THIS TIME EITHER!!!! Not on Gamemix, not on the channels...the NFL Sunday Ticket blackout rules said it would be made available, their tv rules say this stupid affiliate was supposed to switch at 4:15, neither happened.

· Icon
643 Posts
It is not Directv's fault. You need to talk to your local affiliate. Directv has to follow local blackout rules. I would watch Redzone channel or get on supercast. Supercast blackout rules are not working. I live in Seattle and I am watching the Seattle/St. Louis game on Supercast.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
I had it available to me in Oklahoma. The HD channel was showing the Giants but the SD channel 717 was showing the Colts game from the beginning.

· Hall Of Fame
6,220 Posts
zimm7778 said:
I live in Tampa, Fl where the Jaguars/Colts game is SUPPOSED to be on now! After they aired the crappy Dolphins/Patriots game they switched to NY/Cincinatti. It went long...VERY long. Did my local affiliate switch to the Jaguars game at 4:15? No, of course not. But here's where I am furious...IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE ON NFL ST ALL THIS TIME EITHER!!!! Not on Gamemix, not on the channels...the NFL Sunday Ticket blackout rules said it would be made available, their tv rules say this stupid affiliate was supposed to switch at 4:15, neither happened.
You're wasting your money IMHO

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Well Capt'n Sunshine, you know what they say about opinions and a certian body part.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
Naw he just needed to check the SD channel as well. He must of went to the HD GameMix channel. I thought it could not hurt to check the SD channel. I got to see almost the entire first drive of the Colts.

· Hall Of Fame
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
convem24 said:
It is not Directv's fault. You need to talk to your local affiliate. Directv has to follow local blackout rules. I would watch Redzone channel or get on supercast. Supercast blackout rules are not working. I live in Seattle and I am watching the Seattle/St. Louis game on Supercast.
The Red Zone Channel was following the OT games. The point is I would have never ordered the NFL ST had I not moved away this year. I ordered it for the express purpose of being able to see all of the Jaguars games IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

And to the person who said Directv has to follow the rules, their rules state they will lift the blackout on their channels when a game runs long on the channel the game is airing on and the network stays with the game. Similar to that, it also states Directv will do the same when a game turns into a blowout and the network switches your local affiliate from one game to another.

· Icon
868 Posts
Here in Oregon it was the same situation. Plus for some stupid reason the game mix hadn't put the late CBS games up when they started. I am pissed that I don't get to see the start of the game that I am paying for.

· Hall Of Fame
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
joshjr said:
Naw he just needed to check the SD channel as well. He must of went to the HD GameMix channel. I thought it could not hurt to check the SD channel. I got to see almost the entire first drive of the Colts.
I did....it wasn't there! :mad: It was showing the blackout message also!

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
zimm7778 said:
The Red Zone Channel was following the OT games. The point is I would have never ordered the NFL ST had I not moved away this year. I ordered it for the express purpose of being able to see all of the Jaguars games IN THEIR ENTIRETY.

And to the person who said Directv has to follow the rules, their rules state they will lift the blackout on their channels when a game runs long on the channel the game is airing on and the network stays with the game. Similar to that, it also states Directv will do the same when a game turns into a blowout and the network switches your local affiliate from one game to another.
If it happens again go to yahoo and go to the game channel until Sunday ticket has fixed it or try supercast maybe.

· Hall Of Fame
8,758 Posts
Eksynyt said:
Here in Oregon it was the same situation. Plus for some stupid reason the game mix hadn't put the late CBS games up when they started. I am pissed that I don't get to see the start of the game that I am paying for.
Isn't that because some of the late CBS games in HD might start late because of CBS bandwidth issues? I thought I had read that on here somewhere.

· Legend
175 Posts
zimm7778 said:
After they aired the crappy Dolphins/Patriots game
I happened to enjoy the crappy Dolphins game very much!:new_popco

· Godfather
732 Posts
convem24 said:
..the part i don't understand in this post....

Man is in Tampa
Games is Jaguars/Colts in Indy
Blackout is in Tampa..?:confused:

Sounds like your local station does not care for either the Jaguars/Colts.

I gave up trying to understand the blackout rules years ago. Today here in Norfolk/Virginia Beach I had games on local FOX and CBS and the same games were on ST . Never seen that before.

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
Well Capt'n Sunshine, you know what they say about opinions and a certian body part.
:lol:

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
theratpatrol said:
Isn't that because some of the late CBS games in HD might start late because of CBS bandwidth issues? I thought I had read that on here somewhere.
Before switching to the Steelers/Eagles game on ST they aired the end of the Giants OT game on the same channel...in SD until just before the Giants won then it switched to HD. You're correct.

· Icon
704 Posts
VaJim said:
..the part i don't understand in this post....

Man is in Tampa
Games is Jaguars/Colts in Indy
Blackout is in Tampa..?:confused:

Sounds like your local station does not care for either the Jaguars/Colts.

I gave up trying to understand the blackout rules years ago. Today here in Norfolk/Virginia Beach I had games on local FOX and CBS and the same games were on ST . Never seen that before.
Tampa's CBS affiliate showed the Jags /Colts game at 4pm ...that is why we were blacked out of the game on Sunday ticket. Gotta check the SD feed on the late games especially with CBS

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
theratpatrol said:
That is correct. CBS can only do so many HD streams from the network at a time and if enough early games run long then they can't do some late games in HD until enough early games end so they can uplink the late game in HD. In all cases it will be available in SD however.

So be sure to check that first. But if a local affiliate stays on an early game and thus not showing the late game and DirecTV has the blackout on the late game the local affiliate is not showing yet you can call DirecTV to get the blackout lifted on that game until the local switches to it. But by the time they get it lifted your local may already have switched. Up to you if you want to take the time to call but it can't hurt. With hundreds and hundreds of local affiliates they can't watch them all and there is no automated way to know a local station didn't switch to the game they told DirecTV they would have on so sometimes all it takes is a quick phone call to let them know.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.