DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
that is cool, I recently purchased the 20 Year old PBS version on DVD and it was very good, but the special affects were a little outdated. Actually the quality of this new production on all levels can be better. But only if they stay true to the story.

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
I have the Lathe of Heaven on DVD. First off, this was, for all intents, a low-budget production, even by late-1970s standards. Secondly, the original video was lost, and all that remained was a 2" master. For the video release, they had to replace one piece of music.

· Icon
955 Posts
Checked it out. Loved the production design (sets, costumes, etc.)...probably the best "sci fi" production I've seen in a long time.

But the casting left a liitle to be desired & the story seemed incomplete without a good "payoff."

Guess I'll have to read the book!

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Don't Remember if this was also in the book and or the first movie. But important plotlines missing...

1) The Aliens
2) End of Racism (everyone is Grey)
3) The "convergence" where George dreams all come together and the building and infrastructure are all merged together from his different dreamt worlds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.