DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any deal on the lease of a 2nd 622? The dishing it up website says only 1 per year. What's the deal?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,202 Posts
gnm313 said:
Is there any deal on the lease of a 2nd 622? The dishing it up website says only 1 per year. What's the deal?
I only have one 622, but from what I understand you need to purchase any subsequent 622s and you can't lease more than one.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
lujan said:
I only have one 622, but from what I understand you need to purchase any subsequent 622s and you can't lease more than one.
I just added a second 622. Dish would not lease it to me directly since I have one already. I had to call my local Dish dealer to get it. Cost was $199 (same as first & this is a lease) and the monthly fee is $5 for the receiver and $5.98 for the DVR. Since I traded in a 301 I ended up only adding $5.98 per month extra.

Tim

·
AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dad2trips said:
I just added a second 622. Dish would not lease it to me directly since I have one already. I had to call my local Dish dealer to get it. Cost was $199 (same as first & this is a lease) and the monthly fee is $5 for the receiver and $5.98 for the DVR. Since I traded in a 301 I ended up only adding $5.98 per month extra.

Tim
Cool..So you are saying you get the same deal, you just can't get it directly from Dish direct. I guess this is their way of greasing the dealers.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,901 Posts
dad2trips said:
Cost was $199 (same as first & this is a lease) and the monthly fee is $5 for the receiver and $5.98 for the DVR.
Don't be surprised when you find that the lease fee is actually $6/month.

·
Legend
163 Posts
dad2trips said:

Tim
anyone know if there is a place online to get a second VIP622..

the multiple TV thing sucks, i just rather add a new DVR to the second TV.. (HD that is)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
eatonjb said:
anyone know if there is a place online to get a second VIP622..
Since you are in Detroit, call Claude. He'll at least give you straight answers, and would be local to boot.
http://www.dishpro.net/contact_us.jsp
13832 Van ****, Detroit MI 48234 US

Remember that in addition to the 1 DISH'n It Up / year, there is a 4 leased tuner per account limit. If you have something besides a 622 now, that is a separate obstacle to hurtle. Someone that had a 921/942 does get a special route to get a 2nd 622 - but you call a different phone number.

·
Legend
117 Posts
Raymond255 said:
I purchased mine on Ebay.
when you bought yours on ebay - did you still have to register it with dish to get programming or was it as easy as adding a 2 - 1 splitter on the rg6 coming from the dish 1000 to the original 622?

thanks,

gil

·
Legend
163 Posts
gilunionhall said:
when you bought yours on ebay - did you still have to register it with dish to get programming or was it as easy as adding a 2 - 1 splitter on the rg6 coming from the dish 1000 to the original 622?

thanks,

gil
I will assume that you will still have to Call dish and have them activate the box.. they don't use cards anymore so you cant swap the cards .

and since the dish is not the part thats activated.

e..b

·
Legend
117 Posts
i called dish and was told i needed to wait until 1 yr (6/30/07) after my existing 622 was activated to take advantage of any "current" 622 offers.

apparently the exiting one expires soon and i guess we really won't know what is avaialbe until they release the information.

i just wanted to see if i could get around the fees, etc for the 2nd 622.

gil

·
6 Posts
gilunionhall said:
i called dish and was told i needed to wait until 1 yr (6/30/07) after my existing 622 was activated to take advantage of any "current" 622 offers.
I was a new subscriber in October. I got my 2nd 622 a week after my 1st one was installed.

--A

·
6 Posts
eatonjb said:
what did you pay? they are going for about $400-$450 or so..
I was able to lease the 2nd one for the same $199 fee. Some others have mentioned that they were able to negotiate a free 622. I had no luck. Compared to what Directv was offereing, $199 x 2 looked pretty good.

--A

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,901 Posts
gilunionhall said:
You cannot use splitters on the satellite side of any Dish Network receiver. You must have at least as many feed cables from the switch as you have receivers. If you don't, you must use a multiswitch with all of the satellite feeds going to the switch and then out to the receivers. In the case of the Dish1000, this is the DPP44 which takes three cables from the Dish1000 and sends it four ways.

·
3 Posts
harsh said:
In the case of the Dish1000, this is the DPP44 which takes three cables from the Dish1000 and sends it four ways.
Ok, maybe a dumb question but....

Dish is sending me a DPP44 after the installer neglected to bring one (long story). However, there are only two coax cables coming in from the Dish1000. Should there be three?

Jeff

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Sysvr4 said:
Ok, maybe a dumb question but....

Dish is sending me a DPP44 after the installer neglected to bring one (long story). However, there are only two coax cables coming in from the Dish1000. Should there be three?

Jeff
2 works 1 for the twin Dpp LNB that has 110/119 1 for the 129 LNB.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.