DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· DaBears
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Costco this morning and they had a new display with all of their Samsung LED LCD's setup. They were showing Avatar which is normally a beautiful movie. However I noticed that on all of them it was too bright and you could tell that it was fake. It's almost as if it's too defined so you can separate the people from the green screens. Has anyone else noticed this?

· Premium Member
11,519 Posts
I have a copy of Avatar (Extended Collector's Edition) on BluRay and have played it on both of my Sony's (XBR-65HX929 and KDL-55HX729) that were professionally calibrated. Have not noticed any of the faults you describe.

· Old Guys Rule!
5,048 Posts
The TV's are probably set to Demonstration mode, which is used for in-store display. It's generally too bright and similar in color saturation to the old Kodachrome film (too intense).

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
I'd never trust an in-store demo of anything but the most superficial P or A quality. Great for look and feel, remotes, menus, etc., though.

If it's a quiet time, some sales folk will let you adjust the set.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
"Laxguy" said:
I'd never trust an in-store demo of anything but the most superficial P or A quality. Great for look and feel, remotes, menus, etc., though.

If it's a quiet time, some sales folk will let you adjust the set.
For in store displays, Best Buy Magnolia is not bad. They have better lighting and at least some models are in more of a home theater or living room setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.