DBSTalk Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to just use your own streaming devices? What do you gain by using DirecTV's box?
Bob, I have been with DTV also for 23 years. We were thinking of streaming too. If the picture quality is just as good then the only other question I have for you is we live in the country and our fastest internet speed right now is 24 mbs. Will this be good enough to use 2 TVs? Thanks
I can't say. Since I've got the 1Gig it seems to work great for me. 24 Mbs might be cutting it close. Netflix I've read seems to do fine with about that same speed. I would think you could probably squeak by.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,553 Posts
I can't say. Since I've got the 1Gig it seems to work great for me. 24 Mbs might be cutting it close. Netflix I've read seems to do fine with about that same speed. I would think you could probably squeak by.
Guess I should have added to my comments it is very responsive with a 200 mbps connection the best idea maybe give it a try
see if you can get the one week free trial
DTV says 8 mbps per stream

·
Mentor
73 Posts
I have been thinking of doing this except I haven't been able to access the DirecTV site or apps since AT&T took over and I am worried about not being able to access the DirecTV Stream apps in the same way. Has anyone noticed any problems like that?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,991 Posts
I have been thinking of doing this except I haven't been able to access the DirecTV site or apps since AT&T took over and I am worried about not being able to access the DirecTV Stream apps in the same way.
The DIRECTV App is available on Google Play (not AndroidTV), Apple's App Store, the Amazon Fire TV App Store and Roku's App page as always. I'm not sure how things happen with Samsung TV apps but I'd imagine it is similar to Roku. You don't need the service to download the apps.

Don't let the flaky nature of DIRECTV DBS's streaming facilities scare you.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts