DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,401 Posts
3-Only one remote per box, can’t get an extra remote for the wife so we pass the single remote back and forth.
With the growing popularity of Bluetooth and Wi-fi remotes, this is only going to get worse but there are other streaming devices that can support multiple remotes.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,401 Posts
Wouldn't it be simpler and cheaper to just use your own streaming devices? What do you gain by using DirecTV's box?
Only the DIRECTV Stream Device supports number keys for those who think memorizing and punching in channel numbers is the best way to move between channels. On other devices that support number keys, the DIRECTV app doesn't recognize them.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,401 Posts
I also turned to dtv streaming and am very happy also I checked on my TV and the output from the box is 4k HDR
Alas, what DIRECTV Stream offers is neither 4K nor HDR/WCG. DIRECTV Stream is HD.

Thus far only YTTV and Fubo offer live 4K content.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,401 Posts
I have been thinking of doing this except I haven't been able to access the DirecTV site or apps since AT&T took over and I am worried about not being able to access the DirecTV Stream apps in the same way.
The DIRECTV App is available on Google Play (not AndroidTV), Apple's App Store, the Amazon Fire TV App Store and Roku's App page as always. I'm not sure how things happen with Samsung TV apps but I'd imagine it is similar to Roku. You don't need the service to download the apps.

Don't let the flaky nature of DIRECTV DBS's streaming facilities scare you.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,401 Posts
Not fiber piece of docsis
You don't learn your lessons, do you?

Your problem is your local Cox franchise. It is NOT DOCSIS. Your Cox<>DOCSIS.

Who is to say that Fiber can't be similarly mismanaged? Lumos had a pretty rocky start about three years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts