DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,313 Posts
Does DirecTV stream offer better audio than what comes from the satellite? I typically use my satellite subscription to access content on HBO Max on my AppleTV which broadcasts in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for a lot of their movie content. If DirecTV stream has Dolby Atmos, that too would be a pro over the satellite service.
Directv Stream offers 5.1 or stereo depending on the channel. No linear channel offers Atmos

·
Hall Of Fame
5,313 Posts
If his service is as bad as he claims buying GIG and getting 100 mbps and then getting a 100 mbps plan would probably only give him 10 mbps. 🤣

All I know is if I was paying for GIG service and getting the results he posted I would be on the phone every single day for support and filing complaints through every avenue possible.
Oh hell yeh I have a gig plan also and usually get high 800's during the day and maybe 6-700 in the evening which is obviously more then enough. But the next tier down is 500 then 3 and 2. and if they couldn't maintain speed on a tier besides calling every day I would be dropping down to the tier they could provide instead of wasting money I am fairly certain also he was told that if he went to a T-Mobile store he could sign up even though the website says he cant

·
Hall Of Fame
5,313 Posts
I agree...it couldn't hurt to try a lower plan.

And yes I have read about other people that go to the T-Mobile store can get the unlimited plan where the website says it isn't available. 15 day free trial if you can get them to send you the gateway.
We cant get it where i live yet my neighbor two houses down has it ....lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts