DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

· Icon
3,611 Posts
I'd call them back every time it happens. You need to become a major PITA to them.
yea between my home account and issue at work my call history has so many calls to COX is insane. also its not just COX folks i know with Optimum have it much worse

· Super Moderator
54,021 Posts
$120 /mo. For this trash

No other broadband (>25mbps) options not even tmobile
The least you could do is cut back your payment level to the speed you are getting.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Thats a good point.. If you obviously aren't getting close to the speed you pay for then cut the package back
If his service is as bad as he claims buying GIG and getting 100 mbps...if he got a 100 mbps plan he would probably only get 10 mbps. 🤣

All I know is if I was paying for GIG service and getting the results he posted I would be on the phone every single day for support and filing complaints through every avenue possible.

· Hall Of Fame
5,315 Posts
If his service is as bad as he claims buying GIG and getting 100 mbps and then getting a 100 mbps plan would probably only give him 10 mbps. 🤣

All I know is if I was paying for GIG service and getting the results he posted I would be on the phone every single day for support and filing complaints through every avenue possible.
Oh hell yeh I have a gig plan also and usually get high 800's during the day and maybe 6-700 in the evening which is obviously more then enough. But the next tier down is 500 then 3 and 2. and if they couldn't maintain speed on a tier besides calling every day I would be dropping down to the tier they could provide instead of wasting money I am fairly certain also he was told that if he went to a T-Mobile store he could sign up even though the website says he cant

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
T-Mobile got kind of crazy. They now offer their service nationwide but if you don't qualify for their unlimited plan they have Home Internet Lite plans that are available in 100 GB, 150 GB, 200 GB, or 300 GB data buckets. The 100 GB plan runs $50 per month. 150GB available for $75 per month, 200GB for $100 and 300GB for $150. If you exceed the limit of your plan they throttle you down to 128 kbps. I am on the T-Mobile unlimited plan and I don't even stream live TV but I stream other stuff and I am around 1TB monthly. The highest lite plan at 300 GB per month would not nearly be enough. You can blow through 300 GB pretty fast. I am getting around 300 mbps down and 40 mbps up on my plan which is pretty decent. There are a lot of complaints from T-Mobile users that are on congested towers getting way worse numbers than I am. Also the Home internet customers are on the lowest priority level. Mobile phone users get the bandwidth if it is limited. While it is great for me where I am located it can be pretty bad in other places.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
And if they couldn't maintain speed on a tier besides calling every day I would be dropping down to the tier they could provide instead of wasting money
I agree...it couldn't hurt to try a lower plan.

And yes I have read about other people that go to the T-Mobile store can get the unlimited plan where the website says it isn't available. 15 day free trial if you can get them to send you the gateway.

· Hall Of Fame
5,315 Posts
I agree...it couldn't hurt to try a lower plan.

And yes I have read about other people that go to the T-Mobile store can get the unlimited plan where the website says it isn't available. 15 day free trial if you can get them to send you the gateway.
We cant get it where i live yet my neighbor two houses down has it ....lol

61 - 70 of 70 Posts