DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost, thanks to everyone who participates in this forum. I have learned quite a bit here. My review of the HR20 in a nutshell: I liked it more than my HDTivo until I got the HDTivo software update... My main issue was the speed of menus, guides, etc...

Now to my reason for posting... We love listening to XM on DirecTV and I have always been underwhelmed with the screen display while listening. The DirecTV logo is beautiful, but it gets a little old watching it drift across my screen for hours. WHAT IF (EARL) each time a new song started, DirecTV sent a flag indicating the new song and the TV displayed the song info for 30 seconds and then went back to the screen saver! Just food for thought...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
HDTVDave said:
Now to my reason for posting... We love listening to XM on DirecTV and I have always been underwhelmed with the screen display while listening. The DirecTV logo is beautiful, but it gets a little old watching it drift across my screen for hours. WHAT IF (EARL) each time a new song started, DirecTV sent a flag indicating the new song and the TV displayed the song info for 30 seconds and then went back to the screen saver! Just food for thought...
That is one of the things they are investigating to add into the future.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
Better yet, drop in a couple dozen kilobytes of code to create some visual effects while playing music instead of that plain-jane logo screensave. :)

·
Banned
686 Posts
LameLefty said:
Better yet, drop in a couple dozen kilobytes of code to create some visual effects while playing music instead of that plain-jane logo screensave. :)
I'd like to take this moment to beg DirecTV not to do this. The last thing we need is their developers getting "creative". The boring screensaver has enough problems already.

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
LameLefty said:
The old RCA's had that feature. The choices were pretty lame, though.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
A dish receiver here at work moves the title/artist/album/label info around the screen to prevent burn in. It just drifts around. That would be on suitable solution. Momentary display at the beginning of each song as previously suggested would be fine too. I'd like to see an overall enable/disable option for the screen saver for those of us where burn in is not a worry (e.g. DLP and LCD sets).

·
Godfather
485 Posts
How about like Dish, have the info float around the screen like the screensaver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.