DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Here's the Tyson vs. Lewis Undercard.

Who are these shmucks?
IBF JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION MANNY PACQUIAO
TO DEFEND TITLE AGAINST TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION JORGE JULIO;FORMER WBA 130-POUND TITLEHOLDER JOEL CASAMAYOR
TO FACE JUAN JOSE ARIAS IN A 10-ROUND BOUT
ON THE UNDERCARD OF LENNOX LEWIS-MIKE TYSON
LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW, SATURDAY, JUNE 8,
FROM THE PYRAMID IN MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE

· Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
I can't believe what I have seen. In the post fight interview of Lewis in the ring- Tyson comes over and gives Lewis hug- tells him he loves him and begs for a rematch. He calls Lewis an excellent fighter and tells him he never meant anything that he ever said. The tiger was tamed.

Tyson should never have taken this fight. If he's serious about coming back- he needs to go back to scratch and take some more fights with other less challenging but GOOD fighters. He is WAY too rusty. Tyson was thoroughly out-classed. End of Story. I give Mike credit for taking his beating like a man and being a sportsman through out. He needs to either get out of the sport or start taking his career seriously. Lewis looked great. He has nothing left to prove and could comfortably leave the sport tonight with the knowledge that he is the top heavy-weight of this era. Does anybody want to see Lewis-Holyfield III? Didn't think so.

In my mind, nothing will EVER erase the Tyson mystique of the 1980's. I'm sorry- but the 1980's Tyson is still the most explosive and intimidating heavy-weight I have seen.

The guy is a pathetic shell of his former self now- but this is 13 years and 2 prison terms AFTER his prime. One could argue that Tyson doesn't even belong in this era. He's more the bridge from Holmes to Holyfield and Lewis who were at their best in the 1990's. But no matter how much we may or may not hate Tyson- we can't re-write the 1980's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.