DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the final episode of Season 4 of LEXX (and it being the series finale as well) What did you think of this season's run (either on its own or compared to the other seasons). I must say this season was beyond terrible. There were some highlights, but most of the time when watching it I would think to myself "Well this has to be the last season, lets see if it gets any better" It did not :(

·
Godfather
440 Posts
I agree that this season of Lexx was generally weak, but it is still one of my favorite shows. IMHO, a bad episode of Lexx is still well above average episodic television!

This season peeked, IMHO, with the couple of episodes that introduced us to "Vlad", the Divine Order "super assassin".

The notion that all of Earth's vampire legends originated because Divine Assisins (and/or "Super Assasins") had found their way to Earth (and the notion that they slept in "coffins" originating from the appearence of the cryo-chambers they must preserve themselves in to save their proto-blood), was an awseome concept! Very creative writing, IMHO! :cool:

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you seen the Carrot Drones of the Final/4th season, brings a whole new meaning to "Anal Retentive" :welcome:

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
i haven't watched any of the lexx eps since they came to earth-were the budgets slashed THAT BADLY???

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by jrjcd
i haven't watched any of the lexx eps since they came to earth-were the budgets slashed THAT BADLY???
I'd say the budget was slashed pretty badly compared to the previous seasons (mostly from less special affects), but the Production quality didn't go down. But the story had run out of steam, and should have been put to bed last season or maybe they needed a smaller # of episodes this season. They could have slashed 1/2 the episodes and had a more cohesive storyline.

I think they just took the "Hey, that is Kai, Stan and Xev walking around Iowa" stories tooo far

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
Kai pretty much has to finally kick the bucket this week, no?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have luckily kept myself totally in the dark about the last episode. I bet nothing will be permanent in that there will always be demand for a Lexx movie on the horizon.

I'm just hoping that 790 gets busted open and when fixed falls in love with Stanley.

We can only wish them well in the afterlife (oh thats right, Heaven and Hell was the previous season)

:angel:

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoiler>>>>>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Well the final episode wasn't sooo bad at all. I liked them all singing the "Oh-Yay-Oh" song at the end. And the new baby Lexx was somewhat expected as there are always more adventures to be had. If only the majority of season 4 had been somewhat close to the quality of the ending it might be missed more???

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
Kai DID kick the bucket tho...tho i loved the scene of 790 floating in space singing eternal epic love sonnets about kai...too bad baby lexx swooped over and got him-THAT would have made a great opening scene of the reunion movie....

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess the fact that he was truly alive again when he finally died was more poetic of an ending. A fitting end for the The Last of the Brunnen-G (Oh-Way-Oh MP3 playing in background as I write this)

·
Godfather
440 Posts
Of course, no television show I know of brings more "dead" characters back to life than Lexx!

If they do make any more episodes, they surely would find a way to bring back Kai, assuming Michael McManus was willing. (And maybe, even if he was not, see reference to Zev/Xev below! :p )

Examples of "dead" characters that came back to life on Lex:

• Zev/Xev
  • Giggerota/Queen/Genevieve G. Rota/Pope Genevieve I
  • Schlemmi/FiFi/Farley Kunkel
  • Laleen/Bunny/First Lady Bunny Priest
  • Mantrid
  • Prince

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although, All of Season 3 (Fire and Water) was more like a heaven and hell so would that truly be considered alive? Philosophical discussion needed :D

So Stanley is the only one who was not brought back from the dead? Although he was on life support early on in Season two when Kai accidentally pierced his heart and they had to goto the medical ship?

Perhaps my biggest complaint about season 4 was the way they brought back Bunny. Don't remember her too much from Season two, but I really liked her character on Fire and Water. Even died with Honor. :crying:

First lady Bunny was way toooo annoying in Season 4. The areobics were always nice, but if she looked like Gigarotta someone whould have killed her off early on :hurah:

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait forgot that Stan did drown and was brought back from the dead at the very end of Season 3.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts