DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
21,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"You did see that, right?..."

I think fans of the show will love this episode. The writers had a lot of fun with it, especially with the Charlie/Bamba and Charlie/Dani interactions... "Do you have to touch everything?"

Emmy-caliber performances by Damien Lewis so far this season, IMHO. /steve

· Godfather
291 Posts
One of the BEST new shows on television.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
My recording schedule got screwed up, so we watched it today on NBC.com. Glad we did. In both my wife's and my opinions, it is indeed the best written, acted, and directed show to come out of the otherwise screwed up season last year. So NBC will cancel it.

· Godfather
291 Posts
phrelin said:
My recording schedule got screwed up, so we watched it today on NBC.com. Glad we did. In both my wife's and my opinions, it is indeed the best written, acted, and directed show to come out of the otherwise screwed up season last year. So NBC will cancel it.
Probably. Just like they did with Journeyman.

· Godfather
291 Posts
I feel your pain.

· AllStar
53 Posts
Jumping in on the Life talk. This episode was fantastic. Charlie's reaction when he broke the frozen guy had me rolling. This is by far my favorite show on TV. I just hope is lasts a while, but based on the steadily declining ratings, I am not too optimistic. What really makes me mad is how NBC barely promotes the show, yet they promoted the heck out of the new Knight Rider.:nono2:

Anyway, great episode!

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
I hate to say this, but Life isn't even among the top 20 gainers in the DVR ratings (the +7 days ratings reports). If the show isn't too expensive NBCU ought to move it over to USA where characters are welcome. It could carry with it a following.

· Registered
21,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phrelin said:
I hate to say this, but Life isn't even among the top 20 gainers in the DVR ratings (the +7 days ratings reports). If the show isn't too expensive NBCU ought to move it over to USA where characters are welcome. It could carry with it a following.
For sure. It's every bit as good as The Closer on TNT, and better than L&O:CI, IMHO. /steve

· Godfather
291 Posts
phrelin said:
That's not a bad idea.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
I have to ask, for someone who thinks a lot, WTH was he thinking? I suppose maybe his dept hasn't gotten around to giving him a hazmat refresher. After inhaling the fumes of a poisonous substance, does he call 9-1-1 or Poison Control, or have his dispatch have someone respond? Not that we're shown. Does he call the person who works with it? No, he puts the wet broken bottle in a secure :sure: plastic bag and drives it to her house. When he starts having symptoms why does she drive him to his house instead of a hospital?

The scene in the living room :D goes a long way to making up for the above, but still...

· 1*
9,917 Posts
Yeah, I like the show, but sometimes some of the things he does are just way out there. I'm curious though, I had it as a SL last year and thought I watched all the episodes. I don't remember him finding out about the girl going missing from her foster care family or about the guy confessing to the murders.

Am I just getting old or did they not air some episodes?

- Merg

· Godfather
291 Posts
The Merg said:

- Merg
:blowout: :grin:

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
The Merg said:
Yeah, I like the show, but sometimes some of the things he does are just way out there. I'm curious though, I had it as a SL last year and thought I watched all the episodes. I don't remember him finding out about the girl going missing from her foster care family or about the guy confessing to the murders.

- Merg
Well, if you watched this episode last year and the premier this year, what it felt like was 10 months actually went by, which it did for we viewers.

And regarding the hazmat issue, keep in mind that Charlie (1) has been out of the public safety service since 7 years prior to 9/11, (2) has an irrepressible curiosity, (3) has only a passing regard for authority and procedures viewing himself more as an observer, (4) knows those above him must be incredibly careful about how they handle him, (5) has a zen-like belief that a cop going to prison for murder is the worst thing that could happen to him, and (6) is so rich it isn't a job, he's doing it because it is a calling. He's the perfect character around which one could write stories that blatantly disregard what we expect.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
phrelin said:
Well, if you watched this episode last year and the premier this year, what it felt like was 10 months actually went by, which it did for we viewers.
Okay. Somehow I never saw that episode. I guess that explains a lot.

- Merg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.