DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody figured out a way to get the guide data from KOLN-DT to transfer over to KGIN-DT's guide data and not get the dreaded "Digital Service" in the program guide? KOLN and KGIN have the exact same programming. They are the CBS affilliates in a spread out market.

I used to think the 622 pulled the program guide info by channel number but I now think otherwise. When KHAS-DT returned to the air, it popped in the guide under its UHF/digital channel 21 instead of 5. It still recognized that as KHAS and transferred the guide info to it under Ch 21. With that in mind, I thought I would rename KGIN-DT to KOLN and that would get the guide data transferred over. It still didn't work.

I also tried renaming my Ch 29 KHNE-DT also known as NET-1 to KUON and that doesn't get the guide data transferred either.

Does anybody here have any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Mentor
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
apco25 said:
How is Dish in Nebraska. I want ot hook up my in-laws and my Dad with it...
I like it..other than the slight problem I mentioned above.

The locals are available on satellite if you live in any of the markets except for the North Platte market, I believe.

·
Icon
1,142 Posts
Dish is trying to mapp all OTA digital channels. For the sub channels they do this by created a channel in the 14,000 range that we cant see and has no video.

For the Grand Island channel dish only need to map it.

I would keep emailing Dish Tech support until they do it.

I get KOLN Over the air and I have guide data for it, they just need to map it.

Tell them the grand island station is just mirror channel part of the Lincoln DMA.

Now if we can just get Guide data for KOLN 10.2 which is my network TV. Email them on this also please.

Some at dish seem to think us in Nebraska dont watch much TV so they seem to be doing out smaller DMA markets last.

I did get them to add Omaha 6.2 independent for guide data.

Nebraska PBS is also added for guide data on the sub channels but it is not working for some reason. Email them on that also.

Looks like they have lots of work to do still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.