DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,584 Posts
I've had issues using the WGA54G with two devices. When I connect the adapter to the DVR, it works smoothly. When I start using the internet on a connected PC, the DVR no longers sees the net. I have a feeling, but I'm not certain, that this device can only support one device at a time.

As a side note...I once had this adapter connected to a Tivo and Slingbox. I had similar results. I could stream music through Tivo, I could watch TV with the Slingbox, but I could not stream music through the Tivo while watching through the Slingbox.

· Hall Of Fame
2,584 Posts
I did a google search and found what may be your answer...

ivtu03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
The WGA54G has a feature called "cloning". It clones the MAC Adress of the device to which it is connected. When you connect directly, there will be no problem. When you connct over a switch there will be a problem, cause the switch has a small routing table inside. He remembers the MAC-adresses of the devices which were connected together. When there are two devices with the same MAC-Adress there will be a collision inside the switch. Turn off the cloning feature in the "advanced configuration Menu" of the WGA54G and it should work.

· Icon
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MikeW said:
I did a google search and found what may be your answer...

ivtu03-03-2005, 09:51 AM
The WGA54G has a feature called "cloning". It clones the MAC Adress of the device to which it is connected. When you connect directly, there will be no problem. When you connct over a switch there will be a problem, cause the switch has a small routing table inside. He remembers the MAC-adresses of the devices which were connected together. When there are two devices with the same MAC-Adress there will be a collision inside the switch. Turn off the cloning feature in the "advanced configuration Menu" of the WGA54G and it should work.
I wish I could , but I think mines going bad . Everytime I try that It goes crazy and won't work but I'm going to try again .

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I had nothing but trouble with the WGA54G. Apparently there are several hardware revisions of this device and only one works with HR2x DVRs. However, the WGA600N apparently works very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.