DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an install question. I live in Anchorage, AK. So, for those that don't know, I have to have seperate dishes for 119 & 110.

Currently, I have a 1m dish @ 119 using a DP lnb and w/ two coax to a diseq multi-switch.

I will be getting a 622 and another dish w/ a DP lnb that will be aimed at 110.

From what I understand the old diseq multiswitch won't cut it anymore once I add the second dish.

I would like to get a DPP44 so I can have a single run to the 622 location and a Future Media Room. When I look at info for the DPP it shows a typical install from a superdish or dish 500 where on lnb looks at multiple sats??? But I have two individual lnb's with two outputs each.

Will I only need to use one output of each lnb with the DPP44???

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
Yes, you need one cable from each orbital location into the switch, if they are on separate lnbs for each location then one cable should do it.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Rob Glasser said:
Yes, you need one cable from each orbital location into the switch, if they are on separate lnbs for each location then one cable should do it.
Rob,

Does he really need a DPP-44? Would not the DPP Twin be much less expensive?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
SaltiDawg said:
Rob,

Depends on how many receivers he is trying to hook up. I wasn't answering the question of whether or not he needs it, he had asked if he only needed to hook a single cable to each from his lnbs, that was what my post was focused on answering. Good point for him to consider though =)

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
SaltiDawg said:
Rob,

Seeing he is using 2 large dishes it might be kind of hard to mount a DPP Twin on the dish. The question I have is why you are getting a 622 without a dish aimed for HDTV off 148, I doubt 129 is even a possibility.:)

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on, Thanks guys.

Yes, I am trying to pick up the HD stations on a designated spot beam pointed at Anchorage.

Since I was using a Diseqc switch I was under the impression I needed two cables from each LNB (odds/evens right?) Anyways, if the DP or DPP dish switches handle the lnb's with only one cable needed I'll role with that.

I am open to other options than the DPP44 (cause its 'xpensiv)

I am toying with a few ideas. The DPP44 would allow me to go to 4 locations with a single cable. This is slightly important because two of the locations will be required to have a (TV2) cable coming back to a combiner for OTA TV. Thus I will already have two cables to two seperate locations. Without the DPP44 I have to run 3. Not necessarily a deal breaker.

Thanks Again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.