DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have an install question. I live in Anchorage, AK. So, for those that don't know, I have to have seperate dishes for 119 & 110.

Currently, I have a 1m dish @ 119 using a DP lnb and w/ two coax to a diseq multi-switch.

I will be getting a 622 and another dish w/ a DP lnb that will be aimed at 110.

From what I understand the old diseq multiswitch won't cut it anymore once I add the second dish.

I would like to get a DPP44 so I can have a single run to the 622 location and a Future Media Room. When I look at info for the DPP it shows a typical install from a superdish or dish 500 where on lnb looks at multiple sats??? But I have two individual lnb's with two outputs each.

Will I only need to use one output of each lnb with the DPP44???

·
Mentor
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on, Thanks guys.

Yes, I am trying to pick up the HD stations on a designated spot beam pointed at Anchorage.

Since I was using a Diseqc switch I was under the impression I needed two cables from each LNB (odds/evens right?) Anyways, if the DP or DPP dish switches handle the lnb's with only one cable needed I'll role with that.

I am open to other options than the DPP44 (cause its 'xpensiv)

I am toying with a few ideas. The DPP44 would allow me to go to 4 locations with a single cable. This is slightly important because two of the locations will be required to have a (TV2) cable coming back to a combiner for OTA TV. Thus I will already have two cables to two seperate locations. Without the DPP44 I have to run 3. Not necessarily a deal breaker.

Thanks Again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.