DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you want to watch some great baseball, the Little League World Series Divisional Finals are now being broadcast on ESPN and ESPN2. We've always been fans of Little League and my husband coached when his son was young. We started watching the World Series on TV. A couple of years ago, we realized that the West and NorthWest divisions did their playoffs in San Bernardino (Al Houghton Stadium - absolutely the most beautiful little league venue this side of Williamsport), California so last year we went up and watched a night of the tournament play. This year we went up to San Berdoo four times and got to see some great games! Admission is free and food is excellent and cheap! Their finals are this weekend and it'll will be cool watching teams we've seen in person go on to Williamsport for the World Series.

These kids play their hearts out and are a lot more fun to watch than any major league team I've seen in a long time!

· Hall Of Fame
1,033 Posts
Last September our Little League was invited to spend the weekend at the Little League World Series complex in Williamsport. We only live two hours away and this was our first trip. After our trip, my youngest son made me promise him I'd take them to a game this year. Long story short, we just got back. We had a great time. Unfortunately both teams we rooted for (Hagerstown and Rapid City) lost.

The kids really do play their hearts out and the pride their parents feel is unbelievable. We can't wait to do it again next year.

· Hall Of Fame
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
braven said:
Last September our Little League was invited to spend the weekend at the Little League World Series complex in Williamsport. We only live two hours away and this was our first trip. After our trip, my youngest son made me promise him I'd take them to a game this year. Long story short, we just got back. We had a great time. Unfortunately both teams we rooted for (Hagerstown and Rapid City) lost.

The kids really do play their hearts out and the pride their parents feel is unbelievable. We can't wait to do it again next year.
We've put this on our 'bucket list' of things we'd like to go to! Since we're in California, it'll probably have to wait until we're retired because we travel via rv.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.