DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the old tivo units, they had a live tv button that would switch between the 2 dif. inputs. On the new ones, it seems that that feature is now gone. Or is it? Does anybody know if this is available? By the way, these new receivers are not that great.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
When you say none do, do you mean none have it active? The HR20-700S I just bought has dual inputs on the back. I haven't connected the second one yet so don't know if it works. The menu/configuration shows two also.

jonaswan2 said:
You should post this in the HR20 forum, and no, none of the plus DVRs have dual tuners. There happens to be a whole big thread about it in the HR20 forums as well!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The HR20 has two inputs for two recording tuners.

It does not have dual live buffers as the HR10-250 does.
And right now, it is a feature that is being considered for development.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
jonaswan2 said:
You should post this in the HR20 forum, and no, none of the plus DVRs have dual tuners. There happens to be a whole big thread about it in the HR20 forums as well!
They have dual tuners, but not dual buffers, which is what the O.P. was asking about.

·
Legend
212 Posts
No with this one you can't do "live TV". But you can FF to catch up to live, then wait 5 seconds for it to unfreeze, then 3 more seconds for the audio to catch up, then deal with the constant jerking/dropouts until you can't take it and just change the chanel up then come back. i mean what is smoother than that?! Live TV button, who needs that, this thing is as slick as can be.

Please don't tell me to hit 'Exit' button instead.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Or if you are not so sarcastic;

You can hit the "Exit" button to exit playback (as that is the intended functionality of the button), to return to live buffer. Or the STOP button.

You can also then hit and hold the forward advance button for 3 seconds to jump to the end of the buffer.

Or if you are not happy with the functionality of the box, then it has been out long enough to make a decision... and use it as your foundation to move on to another provider and their products.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
steve885 said:
On the old tivo units, they had a live tv button that would switch between the 2 dif. inputs. On the new ones, it seems that that feature is now gone. Or is it? Does anybody know if this is available? By the way, these new receivers are not that great.
All of this and more are in the Unofficial Tips & Tricks link below.

- Craig

·
AllStar
88 Posts
gb33 said:
No with this one you can't do "live TV". But you can FF to catch up to live, then wait 5 seconds for it to unfreeze, then 3 more seconds for the audio to catch up, then deal with the constant jerking/dropouts until you can't take it and just change the chanel up then come back. i mean what is smoother than that?! Live TV button, who needs that, this thing is as slick as can be.

Please don't tell me to hit 'Exit' button instead.
I hate to support the sarcasm but this is hilarious.

·
Legend
155 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

You can hit the "Exit" button to exit playback (as that is the intended functionality of the button), to return to live buffer. Or the STOP button.

You can also then hit and hold the forward advance button for 3 seconds to jump to the end of the buffer.

Or if you are not happy with the functionality of the box, then it has been out long enough to make a decision... and use it as your foundation to move on to another provider and their products.
PRAISE EARL!!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
fpd917 said:
PRAISE EARL!!
Please... no... in all seriousness... that is not what "this" is all about.

I am basically pointing out: that is the way the systems is... that is the way they built it. That is a fact.

A bottom line... if you have the facts on the unit, you an make your informed decision about the unit.

·
Legend
212 Posts
No sarcasm (for once) really exit has never worked to return to live tv for me. Only what I described above. Sorry Earl, I was on a bit of a bad mood streak yesterday and am just a natural smart a$$ so I apologize.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
gb33 said:
No sarcasm (for once) really exit has never worked to return to live tv for me. Only what I described above. Sorry Earl, I was on a bit of a bad mood streak yesterday and am just a natural smart a$$ so I apologize.
It's all good..

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

WOW. I am so proud of you. These are my sentiments EXACTLY.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.