DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten stuck in a loop twice in the past couple of days. The first time I was watching a recorded show, walked out, and came back after it had ended. The second time we were watching a recorded show and after it was over I went to the "My Playlist" and deleted it with a "--". This is the screen I get. Note that one tuner is already tuned to 46, yet it's telling me that I have to stop recording to tune to 46.

There is also an MPG move showing the loop and my attempts to break it with various remote keys. Note the flicker on the preview pane in the top right.

http://www.shootregistration.com/misc/HPIM0609.MPG

Anyone else seen similar behavior?

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mtnagel said:
So you can't hit EXIT to get out of it?
Nope. EXIT, LIST, BACK, GUIDE...nothing will break the loop.

Once it hit 23:00, everything freed up.

I wonder if maybe I was tuned to 46 before the recordings started. Then, I started watching a recorded show. When I deleted the recorded show, perhaps it tried to tune to 46, but saw no tuners available since two shows were being recorded.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
dervari said:
I wonder if maybe I was tuned to 46 before the recordings started. Then, I started watching a recorded show. When I deleted the recorded show, perhaps it tried to tune to 46, but saw no tuners available since two shows were being recorded.
I'm pretty sure that has happened to me before, but I'm not 100% sure. Weird as it should be able to handle that scenario.

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Is it possible you are recording the standard def. local and when you input 46 its trying to change channels to the HD local, not the stan. def. channel you are recording?

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope. SD 46 isn't even in my guide. Even if it was, I should still be able to exit out to SOME menu. I was hung at this screen until the recordings finished at 2300.

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
I have had the same message show on screen when I have one program recording and am channel surfing on the other tuner. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. This screen will appear whether I am changing channels rapidly or at a slower pace. The options that I have are: "Press exit to return to channel", or "Stop Recording" on the other tuner. Pressing exit does return to live tv, but it is an annoyance. Just wanted to report my findings. I have 0x10B version. Other than this I have had absolutely no problems with my HR20!

Cole

·
4 Posts
I also get the same message on screen when I'm recording a program then decide to channel surf. Was on the phone with Dtv tech last night they tried reformatting hard drive, reset, ect. to no avail. Tech said they had not seen anything like it before. Decided they would send out another HR 20 but told me it would probably be refurbished. Bummer, I just bought it a Circuit city 3 days ago. I would take it back to Circuit City but there are no more available in this area. Anybody else seen this. Also have 0x10B.

·
Mentor
32 Posts
I use to get this issue. The only resolution that worked was to wait until one of the recordings finished or to cancel one of them. If you reset, you muck up your recordings.

I saw this a couple of times a week under FA, but have not had the issue yet under 0B. Knocking on wood...

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
I am currently experiencing this exact issue.

I'm running 0x14B. My HR20 is currently recording "Entourage" on 70-HBO-HD and "Brothers and Sisters" on 7-WABC-HD MPEG4-NY. Entourage runs 10 PM to 10:30 PM, B&S runs 10 PM to 11 PM.

The PIP window in the upper right indicates channel 2 is on. (2 is WCBS-HD, NY-MPEG4.)

At 10:31 the screen changed to the following, with Live TV in the PIP window and I could press EXIT to go to LIVE TV, to the still-recording Brothers & Sisters program on 7-WABC.

Images attached.

Attachments

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
dlw283 said:
I use to get this issue. The only resolution that worked was to wait until one of the recordings finished or to cancel one of them. If you reset, you muck up your recordings.

I saw this a couple of times a week under FA, but have not had the issue yet under 0B. Knocking on wood...
Exactly the same for me except I never had the problem until 0x145.

Have not had it under 0x14b yet.

- Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.