Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm not up to speed in the dish department.:confused:

I have a dish500 but it seems one of the lnb's output is not working. I don't get certain channels when I plug the cable to one of the two outputs on the lnb.

I think it's a dual LNB with 2 outputs. I have one HD reciever(living room) and a regular one(bedroom).
In the living room I wasn't getting certain channels but in the bedroom I did so I went up to the dish and switched the cables and now the opposite occurs. Is this an LNB problem?? Doesn't seem like a cable problem otherwise the same reciever would not work..can I just buy an LNB and put it in??

thanks,
Noel

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
noel256 said:
Hi,

I'm not up to speed in the dish department.:confused:

I have a dish500 but it seems one of the lnb's output is not working. I don't get certain channels when I plug the cable to one of the two outputs on the lnb.

I think it's a dual LNB with 2 outputs. I have one HD reciever(living room) and a regular one(bedroom).
In the living room I wasn't getting certain channels but in the bedroom I did so I went up to the dish and switched the cables and now the opposite occurs. Is this an LNB problem?? Doesn't seem like a cable problem otherwise the same reciever would not work..can I just buy an LNB and put it in??

thanks,
Noel
Go to menu 6-1-1 and run a check switch then report the results so we can tell what you have for equipment. Also model numbers of receiver will help. Is this a new install or existing equipment?

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boba said:
Go to menu 6-1-1 and run a check switch then report the results so we can tell what you have for equipment. Also model numbers of receiver will help. Is this a new install or existing equipment?
This is exisiting equipment that worked fine for about two years. The check switch reports everything is ok but i will run it again and report back.
I have a dish 311 and a dish 811 receiver.

For a while some channels on the 811 were missing so i switched the cables and the problem went away or so i thought, until i used the 311 in the bedroom..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.