DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older dish with the 3rd lnb sitting off to the side with small cables connecting it back to the other 2 lnb's. My mother-in-law just cancelled her DTV and I asked for her LNB. It is different with all 3 lnb's mounted on one piece and I think I remember it having au9 on it. My question is can I use her's with my dish if I have any issues with the LNB's. I have 2 hr20-700 dvr's right now and 5 other older directivo's. She also had 2 hr20-700 dvr's but lived in a different area with different locals, mine are Washington, DC her's are Richmond, va.

Thanks,

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TMullenJr said:
You're dish is an AT-9. Hers is the newer Slimline (AU-9). The LNBs are not interchangeable. The mounting bracket is the same, so you can replace the dish & LNB together.
Thanks for the quick repsonse, i'll have to go and get her dish also as I didn't ask for it in the first place.

Does the slimline work better with rain fade or are there too many varibales with trees, alignment, etc to give a answer?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
baws22489 said:
Thanks for the quick repsonse, i'll have to go and get her dish also as I didn't ask for it in the first place.

Does the slimline work better with rain fade or are there too many varibales with trees, alignment, etc to give a answer?
others will tell you that the Slimline is better, I think it is just the LNB being a tiny bit better

·
Hall Of Fame
8,969 Posts
The Slimline LNB is going to be more reliable in the long run, as the AT9's external connections WILL eventually fail. The harsher the weather, the sooner they will fail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.