DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PVR501 that I want to use with our camper. A friend gave us a DISH 1000 (legacy) but it only has the PRO LNB's - one single one twin. It looks like I have 2 options, and would like verification of these, or any other options/comments:

1) Use a DP34 to connect the 3 LNB outputs and feed them to the 501.

2) Upgrade the PRO Twin to a PRO PLUS. If I upgrade only the Twin, can I feed the output of the PRO Single to the input of the PRO PLUS, or would I need to upgrade the Single to a PLUS as well?

Any other/better options?

Thanks in advance.

Tom

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
Tmnjus said:
I have a PVR501 that I want to use with our camper. A friend gave us a DISH 1000 (legacy) but it only has the PRO LNB's - one single one twin. It looks like I have 2 options, and would like verification of these, or any other options/comments:

1) Use a DP34 to connect the 3 LNB outputs and feed them to the 501.

2) Upgrade the PRO Twin to a PRO PLUS. If I upgrade only the Twin, can I feed the output of the PRO Single to the input of the PRO PLUS, or would I need to upgrade the Single to a PLUS as well?

Any other/better options?

Thanks in advance.

Tom
Tom your question really dosen't deserve an answer. The 501 is a SD receiver that DISH is discontinuing. Aim the 1000 at 110 and 119 (DP TWIN) and get it activated if you still can, then see what upgrades DISH will offer.

3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I know the 501 is SD. We don't plan on watching much TV while camping, and if we do, I will upgrade. 6 months ago our HD receiver crashed, and while we were waiting for the replacement, they activated the 501 for us for a week. SD is better than N(o)D.

· Godfather
363 Posts
There is no such thing as a Plus Single LNB, only Legacy or DP. I would recommend getting the DPP Twin LNB so you don't have to fuss with the external switch. Especially with a 612 as it would require 2 lines from the DP34 switch. With the DPP Twin you can just run one line and use a separator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.